Aquent has an immediate opportunity for a Senior Art Director with a top tier retail company. This is a 3-month temporary opportunity. It is on-site at 40 hours a week. No opportunity for remote. No relocation.
Job Description: The Sr. Art Director will work with the Creative Director, Project Managers, Sr Art Directors, Art Directors and copy team to ensure seasonal direction, established color palettes, consistency in design, art direction as well as create a cohesive relationship between visual and written creative concepts.
• Creates advertising for concept campaigns, print, preprints, omni-events, mailers and postcards. Guides the conversion of these ideas into effective retail advertising design to promote immediate sales and achieve the Company’s fashion/brand image goals.
• Collaborates with Project Managers & Art/copy team to ensure coordination of appropriate merchandise for creative advertising pieces.
• Checks all art & or photography to ensure factual accuracy, adequacy of selling message, creative effectiveness
• Reviews proper relationship, design/photography to price emphasis, and resets or repositions as needed. Provides personal accountability for the accuracy of all final art for assigned projects.
• Maintains brand standards by which leadership has set and upholds creative excellence expectations.
• Creates new graphic formats or implements formats approved by Creative leadership, as required, to meet the needs of individual promotional themes, regional variations, and general economic climate.
• Provide direction to and follow-up on various stages of advertising procedures with production, photographers, designers and freelance artists; all to achieve the best product possible within established budget guidelines.
Core Capabilities & Accomplishments:
• Bachelors Degree in Fine Arts, Graphic Design or Advertising preferred.
• 5+ years of Art Direction experience in a retail or fashion apparel required; print experience required; digital, social media, and animation experience strongly preffered.
• Significant experience in layout for related media with proven management skills.
• Excellent knowledge of design techniques, tools and principles; media production, communication and dissemination techniques and methods, sense of style, ability to portray a high taste level in all communication arts.
• Demonstrated creativity, aesthetic sensitivity, and ability to multi-task.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment while maintaining a positive, can-do service oriented attitude.
• Proven record of advanced presentation and communication skills to upper management.
• Advanced typography acumen and awareness.
• Must be proficient in InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustration and other MAC based applications and design programs. Excellent attention to detail and strong visualization skills.