We are seeking a dedicated, energetic, highly conceptual Senior Art Director who believes that Design is a powerful business tool. The Sr. AD will be responsible for creating innovative solutions for B2B and B2C markets for our Financial Services client.
The Sr. Art Director has the acumen to understand how business and communication objectives translate to their work to help drive business results. An in-depth knowledge of industry best practices helps guide creation of all deliverables without undermining their creativity. This candidate must possess a sophisticated aesthetic sense, a dedication to innovation and a love for the convergence of design and technology. Additionally, the Sr. Art director will demonstrate an award-winning ability to marry visuals and words, creating communications that could not be achieved by one discipline alone. This conceptual strength will be evident across mediums from email to web to print and data visualizations. Reporting to the Manager, Design, this candidate will design a wide variety of challenging projects.
• Collaborate with Strategy, Writers, Project Managers, Production, UX and Development to conceptualize, design and refine Marketing assets including digital, email, print, data visualization and video/animation.
• Stay up to date on industry trends and new technologies.
• Embrace a continuous improvement mindset, applying learnings from past programs to ongoing work.
• Leverage industry best practices for creation of materials.
• Be a Brand Ambassador
• Bring a positive, can-do attitude to the role
• Share accountability for the success of the work product as measured by program KPIs.
• Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Multimedia/Motion Graphics/3D or related discipline from an accredited college or university required.
• A minimum of 5-10 years of Art direction experience in digital and print, preferably within an agency environment.
• A proven ability to provide design counsel to business partners through the context of industry best practices and program data.
• Demonstrated ability to develop strategically-based, innovative concepts that drive business results.
• Thorough understanding of best practices in motion graphics, 3D, web design, email and user interface/information architecture conventions and print design.
• Superb information design abilities, fastidious and efficient production and optimization habits, impeccable problem-solving skills and excellent verbal skills.
• Impressive portfolio demonstrating concept work across a range of platforms.
• Understanding of the latest design trends and an interest in exploring and pushing creative boundaries and the ability to think about design beyond the screen and print.
• Ability to thrive in multidisciplinary teams and the skills to balance great design with short deadlines.
• Must be able to work both independently and collaboratively with writers, developers, planners, strategists, other team members and business partners. A positive approach is essential.
• Strong presentation and communication skills.
• Software expertise including: Adobe CS, HTML, CSS and Microsoft Office.