Our client a leading Video game publisher are actively investing in its audience capabilities in a way that will evolve the application of their data for use in product development, marketing, and monetization. They are looking for a thought-leader in analytical processes to lead this evolution.
The Data Scientist, Marketing Analytics will work closely with Product, Marketing, Studios, Engineering and Technology organizations to deliver world-class advanced analytics analyses of marketing activities and estimating their impact on sales. These projects will include, but are not limited to, Media Mix Optimization, Analysis of Covariance (test & control), Cluster Analysis, Unsupervised and Supervised Learning, Attribution Modeling of disaggregate event-stream data.
What you’ll do:
• Be the media measurement thought-leader and own the definition of KPI measuring, providing recommendations on new statistical/machine-learning approaches based on research and testing.
• Design, build, validate and socialize advanced attribution models to optimize media mix
• Develop meaningful cluster analysis based on both supervised and unsupervised learning models, driving actionable segmentation recommendations
• Integrate with existing machine learning pipelines on propensity scoring and LTV projection to granularize the understanding of user journey and customer value
• Build and improve ETL pipelines in support of data aggregation, movement and analysis
• Establish through testing and experimentation the right statistical approach to delivering analytics insights
• Provide thoroughly documented work products to enable smooth operations in production
• Interpret and visualize model estimates and diagnostics
• Work with senior management to answer strategic business questions through the use of behavioral data
What you’ll bring:
• 5+ years of experience in database mining/marketing with very large, complex and multi-dimensional datasets.
• 2+ years of direct experience working in ad-tech with a proven track record of media mix optimization
• Thorough understanding and ability to apply supervised and unsupervised learning models.
• Must be able to synthesize disparate data to mine and communicate insights
• Excellent collaboration and communication skills with a proven track record of working across all levels of the organization.
• Experience with large individual customer behavioral data sets (gaming, retail, financial services) and expertise in communication channel best practices, including multi-channel marketing.
• Technical mastery in advanced database mining tools such as SQL and SAS/R/Python (any of the three) with the ability to coach and train others on best practice.
• Preferred experience working with Data Management Platforms, such as Adobe Audience Manager
• Gaming experience particularly with the Call of Duty franchise a strong plus
• Exceptional data analysis in Excel including ability to write macros