The Iteration Manager / ScrumMaster will be responsible for working with teams on technical implementations of our client's App Experiences initiative, focused on building scalable back-end services that drive key content and metadata for their mobile applications. The Iteration Manager is responsible for supporting the delivery team(s) of these engagements with partners, using Agile/Scrum methodologies. The Iteration Manager will drive project planning, scope management, risk management, change management, and resource planning, complexity and effort estimation, tracking and issue resolution from inception through launch. The candidate will effectively lead a cross-functional team by fostering communication and collaboration with and across teams rather than have a command/control management style. The candidate must be transparent, able to resolve conflict effectively, and be able to think ahead to remove and prevent roadblocks that hinder the team, and effectively escalate issues to the appropriate stakeholders
A list of essential functions is included, but not limited, to the below:
• Effectively manage teams from project inception through launch ensuring timelines and budgets are adhered to. Candidate must be able to effectively champion the benefits of the project to maintain buy in as well as demonstrate the benefit to the business after completion of the project.
• Work with a globally diverse team to execute on specific technical tasks. The candidate must ensure the team understands what the deliverable is and must be in a position to ask critical questions to effectively plan the execution strategy.
• Effectively communicate the status of stories or projects and have the ability to explain technical details in terms a non-technical user can understand.
• Facilitate the negotiation of scope throughout the project to meet timelines as well as provide the appropriate business value to the business.
• Proactively manage the project risks and issues and define the appropriate mitigation strategy and remediation plans respectively.
• Stretches her-/himself and others to drive things forward
• Foster relationships with various OTS (Operations and Technical Services) team members and work with them to accomplish project tasks.
• Adhere to and contribute to the OTS development and implementation process, best practices, and standards.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
• Experience successfully communicating with others both verbally and in writing
• Experience using the Agile methodology to define, scope, manage and deliver technical projects
• Experience in forging positive work relationships and leveraging resources to accomplish project goals
• Demonstrated ability to work with new technologies and implement them to accomplish project or business objectives
• Demonstrated ability to think critically about a problem and visualize various scenarios for an outcome, communicating any risks to management
• Demonstrate a self-starter attitude. Can be assigned a generic goal and will work independently to come up with their own path to reach fulfillment of that goal without being told which specific tasks to perform.
• 3+ year’s experience leading technical projects in the digital media industry
• Ability to build spreadsheets in Excel – including the creation of pivot tables, writing complex formulas and preparing executive summaries
• Ability to create PowerPoint presentations that convey project goals, details and outcome using more imagery and less verbiage
• Experience leading technical implementations
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and to work with minimal supervision
• Experience with Rally or other Agile Project Management tools
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs