Our client is a market leading software vendor, specialising in Cyber-Security, Data storage, backup and Professional Support services. Their software-based intelligent archiving platform stores, manages and enables discovery of corporate data from email systems, file server environments, instant messaging platforms, and content management and collaboration systems. It uses intelligent classification engines to manage data, improving a company's ability to retain and protect corporate information whilst also reducing storage costs and simplifying management. Their solutions are designed to serve the world's largest and most complex environments and are used in 99% of the Fortune 500 corporations.
We are looking for a talented, enthusiastic and ambitious Scrum Master to work with three scrum teams located in Reading.
• Ensure scrum is understood and enacted by ensuring that the scrum team adheres to scrum theory, practices, and rules
• Coordinate and facilitate sprint planning meetings, daily stand-ups, reviews and retrospectives
• Shield the team from external interference and distractions
• Remove or help the scrum team to remove impediments to their progress
• Ensure good collaboration and open communication between the development team and the product owner
• Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information
• Drive the adoption of engineering and agile best practices, including but not limited to: test automation, peer reviews, TDD, and continuous integration, to ensure that teams deliver the highest quality product
• Guide and coach the team(s) on how to get the most out of self-organization
• Helping the scrum team understand the need for clear and concise product backlog items
• Ensuring the product owner knows how to arrange the product backlog to maximize value
• Working with other scrum masters to increase the effectiveness of the application of scrum within the department
What makes you the right candidate?
• You have a good Computer Science degree or equivalent
• Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
• At least 2 years experience as a scrum master for a software development team that was diligently applying scrum principles, practices, and theory. Experience working with multiple scrum teams is a plus
• 5+ years working through the development, release cycle, and delivery of software products to market
• Experience with scrum methodology and agile techniques such as user stories, ATDD, TDD, BDD, continuous integration, continuous testing, pairing, automated testing and agile games
• Good understanding of backlog tracking, burndown metrics, velocity and task definition
• Excellent time management and communications skills
• Focuses on scrum values of openness, honesty and respect
• Excellent communication and mentoring skills