Job Description Scientific
Plans and performs photography and videography in a field or test laboratory environment. Operates conventional and specialized equipment to capture and process a range of images for still, motion or scientific imaging requirements. Fabricates camera mounts, enclosures, remotely operated capture systems and other support equipment to capture images and ensure survivability of the equipment. Is knowledgeable of image acquisition systems and processing capabilities and able to define image requirements and plan photographic support.
Understanding of photographic science with techniques, experience and procedures. Has working knowledge of multiple capture systems both networked and stand-alone. Has strong understanding of processing and delivery techniques for still and video media with a focus on high standards and efficient turn-around times.
Develops solutions to a variety of complex problems referring to established precedents and policies. Able to interpret information from a variety of sources and evaluate the defined requirements and provide a solution. Applicable knowledge of trouble-shooting procedures and system flaw analysis.
Receives general direction for work that is reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives. Participates in determining objectives of assignment; plans, schedules, and arranges own activities to accomplish those objectives.
Represents organization as a prime contact on contracts or projects. Interacts with senior internal and external personnel on significant matters often requiring coordination between organizations.
Bachelor's degree in related field and 6 or more years' related work experience. A Master's degree in related field and 4 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Competencies (Knowledge, Skills, Ability and Other Characteristics):
Specific knowledge of
• Digital High Speed camera systems from Vision Research and Photron
• Timing and phase synchronization of High Speed, Video, and Still image data systems
• Microbolometer Infrared Camera systems and analysis
• 360 Virtual Reality Image capture and Kolor software
• Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop and Premier
• Microsoft Office products including Power Point, Word, Excel etc.
• Closed circuit video camera systems
• SLR and Video Time-lapse capture and processing,
• UV fluorescence image capture techniques
• Software to perform quantitative image analysis
• Mechanical and electrical knowledge
• Aircraft familiarization
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs
Job Description Scientific