Our client is one of the biggest travel companies that owns and operates several international global online travel brands. They are looking for a Scala Software Engineer to join their team, based in central London on a contract basis up until the end of the year.
This technology team is insanely passionate about travel and using the best technology and processes to give their customers the best possible experience when finding hotels for their business or leisure travel needs.
What can you expect?
• Working for a product-focused backend team that owns some of the mission-critical services for the client together with their other skilled engineering teams and stakeholders
• You will get to work on a lot of great technologies such as Scala, Akka and Kafka.
• You will write clear, concise and well-tested code that will be used by other teams and participate in code reviews
• You will contribute to the system architecture
• The client works hard to create a supportive, collaborative, and fulfilling place where you can progress your career
• The client has many of the best bits of a start-up but with the resources of the world's biggest travel company
• You will be joining a team that loves open source and actively participate in the open source community
• The team wins prizes (Netflix Cloud Prize for one) and host and speak at meet ups
• They do hackathons where you can branch out of your usual area to contribute something different and innovative
• They want everyone on their team to have the tools and resources to succeed in their career
Which skills and capabilities you will need to have:
• Good experience of Scala.
• You know what it takes to design good REST-ful APIs
• Experience of developing software in an Agile environment with a DevOps mind-set
• Evidence of self-learning and a passion to learn new technologies
• You are an advocate of TDD and continuous deployment
• You are passionate about reducing cycle time and know the value it brings to your business
• You are a strong communicator and team player
• Motivated and enthused by difficulty and challenge, coupled with a strong competitive nature to excel and be the best