Job Title: Sample Coordinator
Start Date: 9/11/2017
End Date: 9/10/2019
This position reports to the Marketing Operations Manager and is responsible for tracking, receipt, and allocation of merchandising and marketing samples.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Support Marketing team deliverables with timely sample collection, maintenance & tracking.
• Liaise with merchandising, design, and production for seasonal line confirmation sample passoff to marketing; tag samples for passoff
• Keep up-to-date line plans and distribute to all marketing teams pre-order date for informed sample ordering
• Generate initial sample order report two weeks post-marketing team order request date and reports for weekly sample tracking meetings leading up to sample receipt
• Using the change log, communicate any specific sample variances that might impact photography and flag significant issues to Marketing Operations Manager
• Receive and check in marketing samples and build rack for passoff in preparation for handoff meeting
• Manage marketing missing sample requests to identify and chase any missing samples leading up to their milestones; managing shipping between NY and SF teams as needed
• Dispose of samples through quarterly "charity" process.
• Keep sample closet organized and clean
• Entry level with Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university
• Internship experience at a fashion magazine or retail company preferred
• Well-developed interpersonal skills and team player
• Self-starter and quick learner
• Strong written and organizational skills, attention to detail
• Proficient in Microsoft Suite
• Sense of urgency
• Ability to prioritize and multi-task