Position Title: Sample Coordinator
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: 3 month contract, with potential to extend
Location: Industry City- Brooklyn
**Our Fortune 500 fashion client is looking for Sample Coordinator to join their Global Visual Merchandise team in Industry City-Brooklyn for a 3 month long contract!**
The Sample Coordinator will work closely with the Senior Manager of Visual Operations and Visual Merchandising Managers to coordinate and manage the sample process from start to finish. The person will be in charge of ordering samples, accepting packages, processing packages, checking-in samples, organizing active and back-stock samples, coordinating team members for boxing charity/shredding, and coordinating with charity/shredding vendors, all the while keeping the sample room and surrounding area neat and tidy. The person will need to be extremely organized, time efficient, and solution based. They will be expected to work with emerging technologies as well as traditionally process samples. They will be expected to collaborate with all relevant business partners including visual merchandising, advertising, merchants, PR, and online. During downtime, they are expected to collaborate with the Sample Coordinator, Global Visual Merchandising Studio – Kids & Baby.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for visual studio sample management and coordination for Womens, Mens, Active-wear.
- Must be self-motivated, able to stick to a time-line and keep a personal schedule to hit deadlines.
- Sample Management and coordination include the following: - Order samples using SMS (Sample Management System); working with SMS team to work through problems and learn new software
- Receiving, opening, and processing packages at Visual Studio.
- Checking-in samples using SMS and team provided ACT information (under contract with vendors to check-in every sample).
- Organizing samples into active racks and back-stock sections; shredding/charity anything more than 3 pieces of product.
- Managing visual merchandising teams to go through product for shred/charity.
- Managing third party vendors to remove charity and shred boxes.
- Manages moving monthly product from back-stock to active sections of sample room.
- Work closely with Senior Manager of Visual Operations, Visual Merchandising Managers, and field support, as well as work cross functionally for sample needs by advertising, merchandising, PR, and online.
- In charge of sample transfer, including but not limited to management of boxes, UPS pick-ups, signing in and out.
- Actively participate in stockroom organization (including hanger management, accessories purging and save, etc.), as well as continually manage and work to improve sample process.
Qualifications & Skills:
- 3-years experience in fast moving retail environment, sample room, or comparable work environment
- Must be proficient in a Mac based environment with Professional working knowledge of MS Office
- Articulate communication skills, especially conveying solutions for problem areas
- Project management and expert organizational skills, manage sample process from ordering to shred/charity
- Constant drive to gain additional knowledge to improve skill set with a desire to explore, understand and use new software
- Ability to respond effectively and appropriately to feedback
- Work collaboratively and independently, successful candidate will be a team player with flexible disposition and an “all hands on deck” attitude
- Uncompromising attention to detail and highest degree of quality control
- Capacity for lifting up to 50 lbs, reaching overhead, bending, twisting
- Self-motivated, works quickly and efficiently on multiple tasks
- Responsible, dependable and honest
Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat Reader/Pro, general computer skills (printing, email, scanning, etc.)