Aquent's Client is looking for a consultant who will work with the Assistant Director (AD) of Sales Promotion and Integration to support the design, development and implementation of key integrated sales initiatives in support of planning, products and markets sales and adoption goals.
With a focus on improving financial representative productivity, role will support the AD to ensure sales programs are aligned to the Northwestern Mutual financial security promise as it relates to comprehensive planning and integrated solutions.
This extends to new planning, product and market launches, targeted sales campaigns, field promotional events, planning and product sales tools and materials. The consultant will be responsible for coordinating the development and approval of final deliverables (tools and resources) in support of integrated sales initiatives.
We're looking for someone with strong digital marketing background, project management and writing skills. This role is more execution and then strategy. We would say 70% execution of content/tools and 30% strategy. Yes they would be the lead content (not just copy) expert and may do writing but also may leverage freelancers. Deliverbales=emails, sale collateral, promotions, Powerpoint's
1) Development and Implementation of Content / Materials:
• Develop clear, accurate and persuasive written content in order to ensure sales materials present the integrated planning, products and markets message for client financial security. Leverage consistent channels and proven methods that have impact with target audiences.
• Collaborate with key stakeholders (Regional Sales Teams, Financial Planning and Sales Support, Market Strategy leads, and product liaisons, department leadership, and executive officers) in order to deliver high impact programs and to ensure alignment.
• Leverage current and propose new channels (e.g., live events, print, digital, mobile and tablet) for impactful delivery and engagement. Evaluate and manage the methods used to deliver consistent messaging and ensure effective communications are aligned to the Northwestern Mutual brand.
• Manage the quality creation, delivery and on-going maintenance of effective sales tools and field resources that directly support key sales initiatives.
• Provide Planning and Sales divisions with internal and field communications support and ensure integrated themes and messages are clear to target audiences as assigned.
2) Strategic Influence:
• Support the design and implementation of large, integrated sales initiatives that deliver results through sales team engagement and field adoption. Areas of accountability will be assigned, but span the full personal market, including retirement and the closely held business market.
• Design and deliver new tools/materials for field use through Planning and Sales regional sales teams and ensure alignment to the Northwestern Mutual financial security promise as it relates to integrated planning and product sales.
• Design key messages and positioning strategies, (e.g. identify and design right resource and message for right target audience), that resonate with sales teams and field audiences and drive measurable behavior change.
Align messaging to corporate persona, planning philosophy and relevant to client life stages as appropriate.
• Strong ability to project manage multiple initiatives at the same time.
• Responsible for the budget on assigned areas of accountability (products and/or key markets).
• Other responsibilities may be assigned as necessary.