Monday 9th of December at 2pm!!
My client is seeking a Sales Excellence Manager to join their multinational sales team with Advertising and Online. The Multinational Sales team is responsible for developing client advertising campaigns on a worldwide basis from International budgets originating from London and Paris. It is a global team and the scope of the responsibility is to identify and develop client advertising programs defined by trading in more than 1 advertising market.
This is a challenging role reporting directly into the Multinational Sales Director and covers all aspects of Sales Excellence Management for the broad team. They will be responsible for creating the frame work in order to make the sales team be as efficient as possible. The role includes business management elements, the managing of advertising based processes and stakeholder management. The successful candidate will be key in developing satisfaction with the agencies, ensuring that the levels of expectations are met.
This candidate should have:
• A background in Sales or at the very least, a key understanding of sales situations
• Strong willed (mustn’t be a wallflower)
• Ability to build sales strategy – must help the team to build this out (knowledge of product strategy would be ideal).
Nice to haves include reasonable excel skills (intermediate).
The candidate would ideally come from a media arm of a large digital organisation (doesn’t have to just be digital). They could come from an agency background but they MUST have an understanding of sales. They should have great comms, be self-motivated, punchy and have strong initiative.
ROLE PROFILE FOR INTERNAL & EXTERNAL WEB POSTING
The Multinational Sales team is responsible for developing client advertising campaigns on a worldwide basis from International budgets originating from London and Paris. It is a global team and the scope of the responsibility for MN is to identify and develop client advertising programs defined by trading in more than 1 advertising market.
This is a challenging role reporting directly into the Multinational Sales Director and covers all aspects of Sales Excellence Management for the broad team.
The Sales Excellence Manager is responsible for driving strategic breakthrough improvements on traditional and emerging business models for the Ad Sales lead and managing the operational activities required to ensure the smooth and efficient running of the Ad Sales business. The Sales Excellence Manager is a change agent for the business and drives the business towards a fact based culture. Constantly identifying areas for improvement given priorities, utilizing resources to drive both within Subsidiary and regional/global improvements via community collaboration.
The Sales Excellence Manager is chartered to partner with various Headquarter (HQ) teams including the Monetization team, Business Management and Finance, to maximize sustainable platform profitability through operational excellence, efficiency and productivity while providing competitive ROI (return on investment) to advertisers, superior yield to publisher & relevance to customers. This is done by working in close collaboration with partners in market/area, region, Corporate HQ teams including Monetization teams to develop & enable initiatives that deliver impact & results through a process of continuous improvement.
Why does this role exist?
The primary purpose of the Sales Excellence Manager role is to drive operational excellence through strategic improvements in the MN Advertising business and ensure all operational support processes run effectively and efficiently to support the business. The Sales Excellence Manager partners with global teams to review and improve pricing & inventory framework & policies. He/she applies competitive knowledge and market insights gained with strong analytics & engagement with subsidiaries to drive improvements that will allow higher profitability across all Microsoft online assets and third party inventory, including recommendations on structuring & developing that inventory.
The role is a critical and influential member of the Leadership Team, including standing-in for the Ad Sales Lead when necessary.
Deliver market leading cross platform solutions to our International agency customer base.
To work in partnership with leading international advertisers and agencies to develop and deliver engaging multinational digital solutions - using assets, properties & expertise to
connect with consumers and address business challenges across multiple markets
The Sales Excellence Manager has a deep understanding of short-term imperatives as well as mid/long-term strategy for the MN Team and he/she is able to mitigate that tension into meaningful decisions & recommendations. He/she builds strong relationships and credibility with stakeholders across subsidiaries & global teams and can effectively articulate the value of change and gain. Examples of strategic initiatives may include, but are not limited to:
• Land Blueprints & Rolex
• Implement Sales and Service Models
• Sales Processes including provide analytical insights using pipeline and forecasting. Evangelize the importance and connection of core sales motions and supporting process to business results.
• Delivering effective and predictable business planning rhythm
• Drive consistency and excellence in how Multinational Sales sells
• Deliver breakthrough improvements on traditional and emerging business models
• Continue to look for opportunities to optimize/leverage common processes and tools across segments .
• Ensure alignment and drive towards holistic governance sales model solutions between Corp and Field
• Evolve the business into a fact based culture & drive business investments based on data driven results.
• Evolve the business from lagging indicators and reactive state to leading indicators and proactive state
• Have deep insight into competitor position, business levers and understand how to identify and drive impactful improvements with speed.
• Responsible for the customer segmentation and quota assignment process for MN team and shared accounts with the field
• Develop and maintain strong relationships and influence with Sales & Service Managers
• Increase operational maturity and deliver effective change and drive it into the business
• Leverage customer insight to improve decision making and drive cross-group collaboration and integration
• Refining and streamlining existing sales practices and processes to drive high-value sales time and effectiveness
• Build a focus on accountability for creating and maintaining sales force productivity
• Understand and build strategy to deal with competitive threats,
• Resistance to change from Operational focus to include Strategic focus, seen as future Sales Leader.
• Flexibility and creative in means of engaging Advertising Teams and drive greater alignment to global processes and blueprints
• Introduce and implement effective strategic change management methods for programs and initiatives.
• Provide expertise and coaching to the sales force on Relationship Management (RM), Opportunity Management (OM), and Business Management (BM) processes.
• Build an effective account planning process framework and tools.
• Review core systems and provide tools requirements for usefulness and acceptance.
• Establish predictable business rhythms for the organization in which measures and reports are integrated that enforce great discipline in the sales processes.
• Ensure clarity of roles and responsibilities down to team and individual level that align to Multi-national and Europe business priorities.
• Administer and manage the quota setting and compensation implementation processes.
• Introduce or formulate sales incentive strategies that promote strategic goal achievement.
• Drive customer segmentation process and implementation and create the overall strategy and execution within the segment.
• Ensure role taxonomy is correct to match job assignments and compensation plans.
Measures of Success:
• Ad Sales Revenue achievement that meets or exceeds plan and quotas
• Landing initiatives and execution to drive the MN scorecard to green
• Year-over-year increase in customer satisfaction as measured by Advertiser Sat scores
• Predictable planning and business rhythm, diminishing the number of “surprises” throughout the fiscal year.
• Effective strategic growth decisions as a result of business intelligence developed by sales excellence.
• Clear organizational commitments and goals aligned across the business down to the individual level.
• Sales organization’s people feel confident that they are “realizing their potential,” and are not limited by “unnecessary processes and procedures”.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
• Essential Experience
o 1-3 years’ experience within a corporate environment, preferably within the media, software or telecoms industries
o Experience within an international environment is preferred
• Experience working with Sales professionals is essential
• Strong project management skills
• Detail oriented work style
• Experience working client or digital advertising agency is a plus
• Innovative – able to identify new opportunities and make them happen
• Technical/Functional Skills
• Strong written and verbal communications skills
• Comfortable presenting and working with sales teams
• Able to write strategic and tactical sales plans
o Advanced PC skills using excel are preferred
o Strong business modeling skills
o Project management skills
• Personal Attributes/Interpersonal Skills
• Proven cross-group collaboration
• Team player – must focus on winning as a team rather than individually
• Optimism, results-orientation, determination and resourcefulness
• Strong organizational skills and thrives in a fast-paced sales and marketing environment
• Thrives on creativity and pushing boundaries
• Ability to prioritise demands to maximise results
• Strong customer focus (sales business partners are the primary customers)
• Excellent communication skills, to be comfortable partnering/ presenting to senior business leaders
• Flexibility to switch from a close attention to detail to seeing the bigger picture, as required to achieve the best results
• Cross-group collaboration
• Marketing or business related degree
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs
Monday 9th of December at 2pm!!