Love Fashion? This could be the role for YOU!
Please note that this position requires eCommerce/Retail Buying experience!
Drives strategy and key initiatives for categories. Sources inventory & negotiates pricing. Maintains and grows seller and AM relationships. Analyze sales trends and use learning to identify product opportunities, trends, and offerings which will impact the business and provide results.
Drive business based on daily and weekly sales analysis, and competitive analysis.
Build industry and category knowledge, gaining an understanding of competitive positioning, value proposition for buyers and sellers, and dynamics within the vertical.
Executing and supporting a focused, tight business plan & strategy for the Fashion category; Monitoring and actively managing to business performance goals.
Partnering closely with Merchandising teams to prioritize key opportunities and deliver timely events that delight customers and grow the business.
Developing business insights through ad hoc analysis and regular reporting.
Top candidates will be highly collaborative while demonstrating thought leadership, display extremely strong initiative, be results-oriented, demonstrate both business and product mindsets and have a history of keeping customers top of mind.
We are seeking extremely bright, driven individuals who get energized by having meaningful, tangible impact on the business. A strong candidate is one who has extensive retail buying and merchandising experience and core understanding of retail/consumer products industries, and an innate intellectual curiosity.
Job responsibilities include:
• Executing and assisting in defining category strategy of Fashion category: including business analysis, supporting sellers, creating best-in-class customer experience, developing Marketplace promotions, and driving unit and GMV growth through timely analysis and action
o Create market overviews, buyer/seller segmentation, forecasts, and competitive assessments
o competitive shopping/price analysis of online and brick & mortar retailers
o Perform detailed assessments of the category business and produce insight-driven gap analysis highlighting key growth opportunities
o Create & maintain a top brand list with profiles
• Flawless execution of the sourcing roadmap to deliver on the strategy for the Fashion business:
o Ensure that stories, events and programs are customer-centric and set up for high impact
o Iterative Test & Learn of launched programs to improve versioning
• Working cross-functionally to monitor & improve the selling experience within Fashion category, from outreach to operations to promotions
• Support development of business cases, goals and requirements, in close partnership with other teams
• Work with testing and analytics teams to drive rapid learning, iteration and validation of success
• Maintain business dashboards that provide insight and actionable inputs to manage and grow the Marketplace business
• Demonstrate an ability to influence multiple stakeholders at all levels of the organization to ensure an impactful level of team involvement in key business discussions - strong results orientation while leading through others
• Strong retail buying analytical skills required to identify performance opportunities, issues and correlations. Data-driven decision maker, with courage to take informed risks
• Demonstrated ability to think creatively and innovatively
• Aptitude to manage multiple projects simultaneously and drive towards results
• Highly effective communication skills to work with a variety internal teams and excellent presentation skills with both customers and senior executives
• Aptitude to thrive in a high-energy, dynamic environment
• Ability to manage ambiguity and collaborate with partners
• Constructive assertiveness and strong initiative
• Self-starter approach to work, with an eagerness to consistently exceed objectives
• Fun, energetic and collaborative personality. Looking for someone who can push aggressively for results while helping create a great work environment.
Problem solving skills:
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively
• Ability to draw out requirements, concerns, issues and opportunities from large working groups
Project management experience:
• Strong project management and leadership skills
• Demonstrated organizational, planning and time management skills
The ideal candidate should be highly motivated with demonstrated strong academic and professional performance. The position requires someone who is highly analytical, organized and detail-oriented with ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
• 5-10 years retail buyer level experience and a Bachelor’s degree, preferably in business, fashion merchandising or a related discipline
• Previous experience in retail products industries. Familiarities with sites and businesses; and/or broader e-commerce experience a strong-plus.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs
Love Fashion? This could be the role for YOU!