START DATE: ASAP
CONTRACT: 6 MONTHS
LOCATION: SEATTLE, WA
** A FORTUNE 500 RETAIL COMPANY IS LOOKING FOR AN EXCEPTIONAL STORE DESIGNER! **
- Executes Design strategy in design of stores. Provides clear, effective and timely communication of design direction and changes to internal designers and external consultants. Identifies exceptions, proposes and implements design solutions.
- Contributes to studio team goals by achieving target deliverables on number of stores and meeting all established deadlines.
- Designs stores within parameters of individual store budgets and market requirements with alignment from cross-functional teams
- Develops design documentation to support design intent per regional guidelines including schematic drawings and finish palettes.
- Manages the production of construction documents by internal and external designers and consultants. Responsible for the integrity and quality of the construction documents inclusive of design intent, detailing, code requirements, scheduling and MEPs.
- Participates in the architectural design process by reviewing and analyzing project documentation.
- Sets schedules with alignment from cross-functional teams. Communicates dates to project team and meets all established deadlines. Conducts site visits as needed.
- Participates in schematic reviews with cross-functional teams.
- Mentors other more junior designers.
- CAD drafting using Revit, AutoCAD and Sketchup software
- Project management experience
- Retail, hospitality or restaurant design or development organization including management of construction documents
- Experience managing external architectural and/or design consultants
- Bachelors degree required in related field