Want to be a part of a retail revolution?
This is one of the most exciting times to join us! At this National Retailer's Labs department, we are pioneering a new generation in retail by focusing on emerging technologies that converge our physical centers all around the globe with the digital world. We see digital, social and mobile technologies as a huge opportunity and we are committed to completely rethinking how people experience our centers from fashion, to food, to entertainment!
As we rapidly scale our team with smart, hungry, humble people who are truly passionate about building a great company, help us reach max potential and achieve our aggressive goals. Sounds like a place for you? Come meet us.
The Labs team is headquartered in the heart of San Francisco's retail scen.
The Senior User Experience Designer will lead the translation of business requirements into UX design concepts, prototypes and compelling experiences for our customers. This position will serve as a mentor across development and product management, leading those teams to focus on user-centered design principles.
The User Experience Designer will develop a deep understanding of customers and users through disciplined, research oriented UX programs that engender the participation of product managers and developers. That understanding will translate into a clear strategy for intuitive and compelling user experiences that increase adoption and usage of our applications. We work in a Scrum development environment and the User Experience Designer will need to work very closely with product managers and developers in rapid development iterations.
Major Areas of Responsibility Include:
• Work in cross-functional product teams to plan, prioritize, and deliver information architecture, information design, visual design, page layouts, tools, service and applications to support the complete cohesive and seamless user experience
• Represent the "User Experience, " translate customer requirements into defined specifications and inspire the Engineering team to develop the right product.
• Develop and maintain design mockups, usage scenarios, prototypes, specifications, navigation maps and other design documents
• Own the design of the most impactful user interface - related features and participate in the product definition process with the Product Manager, Engineering Manager and User Research
• Work with feature development teams to make sure that the workflow reflects the customer's needs and ensure consistency among features
• Collaborate with product teams to develop UI common components and design patterns for next generation application suite
• Make understanding end user requirements a constant priority
• Educate internal teams on best practices around information architecture, interaction and visual designs, usability and supporting technologies
• Leverage modern web technologies to define innovative user interfaces and interaction models that result in improved user productivity and operational efficiency
• Work closely with the Head of Product Management to communicate design strategy and rationale.
• Develop expert-level knowledge of competitive and complementary products and bring new ideas to the team.
• Define innovative user interfaces and interaction styles which result in improved user productivity.
Desired experience and expertise:
• 5+ years of experience in design complex user experiences in mobile, desktop and web applications. Created seamless and consistent user experiences.
• A formal education in Interaction Design and Product Design across mobile, tablets and web.
• Track record of developing and delivering successful, intuitive and compelling user interactions that set up new standards in user experiences.
• Successful track record of delivering integrated high end user interfaces on schedule, budget and with exceptional quality
• High degree of creativity, interaction design and problem solving ability .
• Uncanny drive to design the best user experience in the world
• Strong software design communication skills. Ability to communicate one's ideas through interactive designs and prototypes
• Excellent presentation skills & and attention to detail
• Experience working with various departments within a product team
• Team player
• Expertise in visual design using tools like Photoshop, Illustrator, and Prototyping tool like Axure.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs
Want to be a part of a retail revolution?