SR. UX DESIGNER
START DATE: ASAP
CONTRACT: 6+ MONTHS
LOCATION: BELLEVUE, WA
** A FORTUNE 500 TRAVEL COMPANY IS LOOKING FOR AN EXCEPTIONAL SR. UX DESIGNER! **
As a Senior UX designer you will help us redefine the trip planning and flight shopping experiences for our customers around the globe. You will be instrumental in building product experiences that scale across regions. You will contribute to the success of our product through the creation of sketches, storyboards, IA, comps, wireframes, compositions and rich prototypes. You'll work with cross-functional agile teams including product managers, business analysts, UX designers and researchers and developers to produce effective interactive experiences. Our mission is to revolutionize travel through the power of technology, and you will be a part of that every single day. You'll need to bring new approaches, insights or techniques to the table, and influence internal partners.
- You enjoy designing experiences across multiple devices and platforms, from responsive web applications to iOS and Android mobile apps.
- Your choose the right tool for the right problem, fluidly moving through different stages of the process from sketching to low- and high-fidelity prototypes
- Your ground your work in observations, research and analytics to help you come up with ideas and then validate through testing
- You take pride in mentoring other designers and advocate for user-centric design practices
- You believe universal design is the best design, and design for people of all abilities
- You believe feedback is a gift, you actively seek it out, and give it thoughtfully in order to continually raise the quality of the experience
- You think about design as a system, and contribute to and maintain our pattern library as a way to influence both quality and efficiency for all our products.
- 5+ years of professional design experience
- Degree in a relevant field (HCI, Graphic Design, Interaction Design, etc.)
- Your portfolio demonstrating expert use of typography, color, imagery, grid systems, and well crafted animation/transitions
- Your portfolio demonstrates sound product thinking through navigation, user flows, interaction design and information architecture