Role and responsibilities:
The SEO Specialist / Manager will report to the Group Manager, Web / Experience Design. The Experience Design team focuses on driving efficiency in end to end website development, from design to development, while driving great end-user experiences. In this role you will be responsible for for developing and executing the strategy for short-term and long-term SEO growth for our portfolio of web properties. You are data-driven self-starter, both highly analytical as well as adept at building strategic relationships at all levels of the organization.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
As a SEO Manager / Specialist, you will be responsible for:
• Define SEO opportunities ( short and long term) for Interactive Marketing
• Developing and executing the strategy for short-term and long-term SEO growth for the department
• Analyze, design and implement SEO strategies to meet growth targets across the portfolio of brands depending on their business objectives
• Optimize web pages for copy, metadata, internal and external links and landing pages for Search
• Increase the visibility and knowledge of SEO within the department including preparing and presenting SEO best practices
• Monitor SEO health via Google Analytics, Google Webmaster Tools, and related software & reporting tools and report on SEO / KPIs for each brand by quarter or by releases
o Organic traffic increase MoM
o Organic VA increase MoM
o Keyword ranking tracking for both short and long-tail keywords
• Work with UX/Analytics to develop real-time performance marketing reports, propose testing plans as needed and present a plan for ongoing improvement in SEO performance KPIs
• Be creative with audience targeting and enjoy continuously experimenting with new growth tactics to increase the efficiency of existing channels, and scale out new ones
• Partner with cross portfolio regulatory teams to optimize the SEO process and maximize learnings across the board, including but not limited to maximizing the volume of inbound organic traffic to our brand’s websites, ensuring that our sites are compliant with Google’s Best Practices with each website release, Reviewing meta-data (alt tags, page title and meta description)
• Stay up to date on Google’s algorithm re: seo updates
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
• Lead, Drive, Problem Solve & Manage Key Initiatives Programs and Cross Functional Projects.
• Own complete planning and delivery of one or more very complex and high-risk projects in various stages of life.
• Use knowledge, creativity, and company practices and priorities to obtain solutions to complex problems.
• Create novel and innovative processes, techniques, tools and management practices to push the state of the art in Program Management.
• Be a thought leader and expert practitioner of Program Management.
• Exercise independent judgment in developing methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
• Act independently to determine methods and procedures on new assignments.
• Determine and pursue courses of action essential in obtaining desired outcomes.
• Act as prime consultant on large and crucial projects that affect the organization's long-term goals and objectives.
• Interface with Sr. Management to provide and obtain information and build consensus regarding project direction.
• Track Cross Functional team progress toward milestones, using key performance metrics to objectively identify if the team is on track or not.
• Provide both high level and detailed project status and health presentations/dashboards.
COMMITMENT & COMPETENCIES:
- STRATEGIC AGILITY | Links responsibilities with the mission of the organization; focuses on activities that add the most value
- TECHNICAL & BUSINESS EXPERTISE | Applies emerging knowledge and trends; builds strong relationships; contributes to expertise within and beyond assigned area
- COMMUNICATION | Listens well; expresses ideas fluently and logically; is open to input and can be depended on for truthfulness
- INSPIRING & INFLUENCING | Fosters an exchange of ideas and support; persuades and influences without authority
You are a person with the following qualifications and experience: unless stated as "preferred" or "a plus," all other criteria are required:
• Minimum of 5 years relevant previous work experience
• A track record developing Search Engine Optimization strategy and effective implementation of the highest impact SEO opportunities
• Not afraid to take a leadership role in mapping the SEO strategy to corporate revenue goals, in the process working closely with digital campaigns and metrics teams to deliver a relevant, cutting edge demand-generation platform.
• Fantastic communicator and cross-functional team player, with a proven track-record of friendly and efficient cross-functional communication, alignment, coordination.
• Experience running referral programs
• Ability to compile and analyze performance data and metrics for use in discovering actionable insights, an Excel master
• Bachelor's degree in math, engineering, economics, finance, business or other quantitative field required
Skills required to be successful in role
To be successful in this role, you will:
• Identify and use emerging trends, insights and innovation, including ideas that challenge the status quo
• Demonstrate ability to critically evaluate and convey ideas to people at all levels within the company
• Influence others without authority
• Demonstrable project management skills: proven ability to manage multiple tasks to conclusion, on-time, and with high quality of work
• Independently lead task forces or project teams to problem solve and drive results
• Desire and experience in putting the customer at the center of your work
• Find and implement opportunities to elevate organizational efficiencies.
• Build trustful stakeholder relationships and be an influential, empowered partner in a highly collaborative environment.
• Be passionate about developing strong vendor relationships; demonstrate the ability to manage, negotiate and lead so that vendors successfully deliver for the business.
• Troubleshoot, coach and drive to resolution when service delivery issues arise
• Demonstrate outstanding communication and presentation skills
• Be curious and not afraid to try new things
• Be comfortable with ambiguity and solving for it
• Business travel, by air or car, is required for regular internal and external business meetings
• Minimum: Bachelor’s Degree
• MS or MBA preferred