Senior SEO Manager
The delivery department plays an integral role in everything we do, the catalyst for creating best-in-class work for our clients and their audiences.
We are seeking a smart and ambitious Senior SEO Manager to lead a team, plan and execute campaigns. You will be expected to hold direct responsibility of your own portfolio, supervise and deliver highly effective SEO campaigns for some of the most respected and well-known brands in digital.
This a great opportunity for anyone who is ambitious, naturally inquisitive and enjoys new challenges. You will work across (completely new for many applicants) the biggest search engines in China – including Baidu, Haoso and Sogou. We are looking for intelligent people who can passionately represent the brand, develop strategy, ensure outstanding delivery and build strong client relationships. In this role you will be working with smart, like-minded search professionals based in Shanghai and London, who will be able to bring you up to speed on the new platforms.
What we’d like you to do
Client services – portfolio management and growth
• Overarching accountability for all client relationships in your portfolio; strategic leader ultimately responsible for account growth, client satisfaction and retention through delivery of superior work. You will have direct responsibility for client pricing.
• Create cost plans and manage budget to ensure campaign profitability
• Manage and develop day to day relationships with clients, freelancers and other agencies, raising key issues to the company Client Partners where appropriate.
• Organise & attend client meetings, chair discussions and provide informative account insight to grow the account and gain competitive advantage. Ensuring all actions are time-scaled and actioned.
• Agree with the clients on targets and how to achieve them, providing forecasts.
• Put together plans to organise short and long term campaign actions and goals
• Using analysis to drive decisions (as opposed to taking orders) in a way that yields sustained, measurable results
• Ensure weekly/monthly client reporting is produced accurately and on time
• Manage client expectations.
• Increase new business. In conjunction with the commercial team, participate in SEO/Content Marketing (or as part of full digital) pitches, including RFI/RFP responses and presenting in pitch meetings. Helping the commercial team to close the sale and grow your portfolio.
• Dissect and challenge client briefs, devise highly relevant campaign strategy. Built thoughtful and analytics driven proposals with creative and bold content ideas. Be mindful of audience when writing, pull together the themes of the ideas into a cohesive narrative.
• You will need to apply your existing experience, knowledge and best practice on new platforms, learn new cultures, and work with your team to devise new strategy and best practice with combination of both western methodology and native Chinese implementation.
• Oversee the smooth launch of campaigns and the continual delivery and improvement of performance via hands-on optimisation and a structured test & learn strategy
• Ensuring work is client-ready by paying astute attention to detail.
• Comfortable with overall strategy and direct implementation. Setting SEO targets for growth of traffic, visibility and acquisition/sales. Ensure Teamwork project management platform is always up-to-date for internal team and clients.
• Take lead on competitor audits, keyword strategies, on-site recommendations, technical audits and on/off-site content strategies
• Use your existing knowledge of off-site linking opportunities, working with company design and social teams to devise new Chinese focused creative content strategies.
• Direct and managed content distribution/link building– develop, plan and execute, manage integrated content marketing campaigns.
• Monitoring SEO health and performance and reporting progress, using tools including GA or Adobe Marketing Cloud
• Implementing on-site changes and working with client design/development teams to ensure best SEO practice in all on-site content creation
• Work with wider organisation, Social and Search team to integrate SEO campaigns with client’s content marketing and search strategies
• Working with the PPC team to ensure aligned targets to optimise any spend
• Create processes for your team on campaign on-boarding and management
• Responsible for the upkeep of SEO/Content Marketing best practice for your team, and contribute to documentation of this
• Supervise the work of a group of junior team members and delivery staff in Shanghai office, ensuring the timely delivery of high quality campaigns and their ongoing development as professionals
• Leverage other people’s skill set to deliver results in clients’ campaigns, manage time effectively
• Deliver training to junior team members, in accordance with best practice and your own strategy from researching and understanding the new search engines.
• Use your knowledge and passion for digital to develop thought pieces on trending topics within the market
The skills and experience you should already have
• agency experience planning & managing SEO campaigns for multiple clients. Both onsite refinement (inc. tech.) and content creation/link building outreach.
• Digital. This is a must, you've got to understand digital platforms, technology, and best practices. It's that knowledge that you'll have to tap when solving client challenges.
• Displaying powerful presentation skills that invite participation and effect desired outcomes.
• A natural explorer: inquisitive by nature and takes every opportunity to experience new things, from food to travel to music to technology. You will need to learn new platforms, cultures and devise new strategy and best practice.
• Confident leader, show initiative, contribute to refining existing practices and methodologies, seek out and identify opportunities for improved processes and implement solutions.
• Strong analytical skills and a natural affinity for numbers is key; You must be able to analyse raw data, draw conclusions and develop actionable recommendations as needed. Strong excel skills.
• Basic working knowledge website design and development – HTML, CSS and other web programming languages
• Previous track record of managing successful SEO campaigns with consistent SEO metric and ROI improvements – direct and management campaign implementation and setting up campaigns from scratch.
• Track record working with a variety of SEO and analytical software such as Google Keyword Planner, Google Analytics, Moz, Majestic, AHrefs, SEMRush, AWR, Search Metrics and/or other common web analytics platforms.
• Prone to see (and seek) solutions, not problems.
• Some examples of how you can demonstrate good application of the skills and attitudes above.
• Native fluency in English; fluency in a second language or understanding of Chinese Mandarin a bonus.
• Competitive salary£40-50k DOA
• Share options available as an early member of the core team
• 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
• Flexible working
• A genuine commitment to your learning & development
• You will only be working with equally smart, driven and passionate people
• Comfortable work environment, free food & drinks, social events, travel and more
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs
Senior SEO Manager