Search Marketing Manager (SEO) Up to £65k doe.
West London Zone 2.
We are looking for an experienced Search Manager to join our Marketing team and help drive consumer and business engagement. We have a well-defined marketing strategy and need the right person to help bring our search strategy to the next level by really understanding the needs of our B2C and B2B users. We’re particularly interested in digital practitioners with specialist experience in natural/paid search.
As Search Manager, you will be the spokesperson for the channel within the organisation. You will need to work closely with a cross section of internal teams to develop and implement the search approach. You will need intimate knowledge of our consumer and business base to refine our content strategy, you will work with our creative teams to bring to life the right messages to life, you will forge a close relationship with our global and local marketing teams, making sure that they have clarity on SEO performance, opportunities and threats. Growth, Product and Tech departments will depend on you to be the gatekeeper of SEO requirements and media will be a daily partner.
Alongside our analysts, you will be responsible for building on the existing framework to monitor and report on performance and using this insight to fuel long term opportunities and select quick wins.
In this small team, you will be expected to to present to our most senior stakeholders, as well as, roll up your sleeves and dig in at every step of the journey.
This role is critical to our marketing strategy, so we are looking for a strong leader; someone who knows how to foster, champion and nourish a commitment to collaboration and team thinking; someone flexible who will react positively to the dynamic nature of a fast-growing tech company; someone who loves what you do, brings new and innovative ideas to the table, and is inspired by new challenges. You must have impeccable communication skills and an ability to relate to and be trusted by your team.
- Plan, implement and optimise SEO strategy to drive engagement and online performance across markets.
- Ongoing keyword research and content creation and distribution.
- Track and report on performance.
- Constant monitoring of Google updates/algorithm changes and timely adaption of SEO strategy for compliance.
- Stay up to speed with industry developments, digital trends and introduce new practices.
- Run SEO experiments, proving ideas, and helping to scale them up. Drive a test and learn approach for the channel. - Keep on top of troubleshooting and fixing site issues, and continually improve site crawlability, indexation, and performance.
- Be aware of upcoming Tech projects that might affect SEO rankings, and work with Tech on using them as an opportunity to implement SEO best practice and mitigate risks to our rankings.
- Support the media team in optimising strategies across paid media campaigns.
- 7-10 years work experience, 5 of which should be in SEO.
- Possesses knowledge and experience in the tenets of traditional marketing.
- Analytical, with the ability to interpret, data and contextual information quickly – and distill the most important/relevant information for strategic roll out.
- Good communication skills – ability to clearly explain complicated concepts to non-experts.
- Is a Team player with the confidence to take the lead and guide other employees when necessary.
- Proactive, you will have to identify challenges and opportunities and communicate with the right person.
- Ability to effectively brief and manage external agencies/3rd parties
- Works to tight deadlines with a can-do attitude – able to effectively prioritise work.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in SEO – You will have a clear vision of how to win in your channel.
- Experience in international SEO.
- Experience driving growth through the SEO channel – you will be asked to show with concrete examples how your decisions had an impact on rankings and visibility.
- Experience presenting SEO strategy to senior stakeholders.
- All-rounder SEO knowledge – from onsite to off site.
- On-site in-house technical SEO knowledge, site architecture, landing pages, speed optimisation.
- Extensive knowledge of technical optimisation, content optimisation, link management, data analysis and SEO tools.
- Confidence using the most popular SEO tools: webmaster consoles, keyword tracking, and backlink discovery tools.
- Experience of developing the ways of working and processes within an SEO team.
- Have worked with PPC experts to develop overall search strategies to holistically benefit business.