The SEO Project Manager is an essential member of the SEO team. This position owns core categories and initiatives within our Desktop and Mobile SEO program. This role requires a working knowledge of SEO Best Practices and the ability to recommend, implement and measure strategies.
The SEO Project Manager is expected to partner and communicate effectively with multiple business units to impact lasting change. This position is responsible for category and initiative traffic growth. The SEO Project Manager is expected to evaluate external and competitive trends as well as internal business performance and draw out relevant insights and actionable proposals.
The SEO Project Manager is also accountable for meeting category and initiative goals (rankings, traffic and revenue), providing accurate and timely reporting, and help driving the SEO strategy for the company brand.
• Creative content and eCommerce / purchase path optimization
• Body copy, Title and META Description writing and optimization
• Site hierarchy and internal linking analysis
• Backlink analysis and cleanup strategies
• Identifying and executing growth opportunities in core categories utilizing keyword research, SWOT analysis and competitive insights with on-site and off-site optimization
• In-depth competitive analysis including website infrastructure, external linking, features and competitive techniques
• Identifying content-gaps and optimization / opportunities
• Identifying optimization opportunities in core areas such as website infrastructure, taxonomy, navigation, canonicalization, template designs, external rankings factors and internal linking
• Monitoring initiative based metrics to understand rankings performance.
• SEO compliance monitoring
• Effectively communicate SEO requirements, approaches, best-practices, goals and expectations with internal and external business partners.
• Partner with technical teams to coordinate and measure test-and-learn SEO initiatives and push forward proven opportunities at-scale
• Wireframe and design-comprehensive optimization
• Writing specification documents to test new ideas and opportunities for growth.
• Learning and embracing SEO strategies unique to the brand.
• Research, analyze and monitor market trends, benchmarks, and competitive environment
• Prioritize, measure and oversee external agency projects
• 4 years professional SEO experience
• Bachelors’s Degree
• eCommerce and enterprise SEO
• Google and Bing WMT Proficiency
• Experience writing and translating SEO requirements
• Knowledge of past and present ranking factors
• Proficiency with Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Access
• Ability to manage multiple projects and change priorities
• Basic HTML, JS, CSS, AJAX knowledge
• SiteCatalyst, Discovery, Big Data, Tableau
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs