This is initially a 6 month contract with a high possibility to extend depending on performance. Based in San Francisco, CA this role will see the successful candidate become part of the growing Classifieds Search team. One of the largest and best resourced Search teams in the world, the global team works across various sites in Asia Pac, Europe and North America and are responsible for bringing traffic via Paid Search and Natural Search (SEO) to our sites.
This role will be responsible for growing SEO / Natural Search traffic from Search Engines to our properties in North America and our Emerging Markets portfolio. You will have deep SEO experience and an excellent ability to get the most out of those around you - development teams, QA resources and other Search team members. We are looking for someone who can turn complex and difficult SEO concepts into technical reality by writing clear, crisp and uncomplicated requirements and then drive them through to flawless execution.
• Growing Natural Search traffic from Search Engines (Google, Yahoo, Bing etc) to our different Classifieds sites. Responsible for setting and achieving all traffic and visibility targets
• Acting as the catalyst between the SEO team and different development teams. It is your job to ensure that all SEO projects are implemented at the highest possible standard and in the expected timeframes
• Gathering and writing SEO Requirements and User Stories for the development teams and then steering the projects through to conclusion. Your projects may be generated from ideas within your team or your own strong SEO knowledge
• Acting as the SEO subject matter expert on all SEO topics and being world class at the optimization of large, user generated Classifieds eCommerce websites. This could include, but is not limited to tasks such as On Page SEO (e.g. site structure, internal linking, content, meta tags), Accessibility Improvements (crawlability, redirects, sitemap feeds, code quality etc.) or External Intelligence Reporting (tools for website analysis, linking projects, competitor analysis, ranking tools and analysis, managing agencies)
• Quality assurance of all new SEO changes in both a pre production environment and the live site. Owning and lodging all SEO bugs / tickets and ensuring they are resolved
• SEO Troubleshooting - as we know new code can often break SEO. Your role is to help solve problems that may be introduced with product releases
• Monitoring SEO trends and staying current with latest SEO technologies
• Explaining Natural Search Traffic Patterns and understanding all Search Engine algorithm changes
• Working with other SEO team members such as Content SEOs, Analysts and Link building/Social Media specialists
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs