The following factors describe what success looks like in this role. Exemplary individuals will:
Develop and implement as many effective search engine optimization (SEO) strategies as
- Optimize to improve website visitor experience to minimize page abandonment, increase page views, time on site, conversion rates, and click through rates organically.
- Diagnose technical seo issues and resolve. Canonicalization, pagination, 404 errors, redirects, crawl errors and broken links. Duplicate content, robots, site maps, missing alt attributes, poor url structure and slow site speed.
- Reverse engineer competitor’s websites to determine strengths and weaknesses plus audience share. Compare backlink profiles.
- Be an expert on the latest seo trends and algorithm updates like rankbrain, hummingbird, panda, penguin, caffeine. Optimize website in order to be in compliance with the aforementioned updates using only white hat methods.
- Create, test and optimize unique and interesting onsite content including blogs, articles, metadata, headlines, subheadings.
- Implement rich snippets, rich content, Google knowledge panel visibility and Google quick answers box.
- Interpret data using Google analytics and Moz to determine what’s working, what isn’t working, and what needs to be tested for further improvement.
- Be aggressive in link building and PR/Communications approach to generate as many qualified inks to the website as possible. Clean up existing back link profile and keep clean.
- Make recommendations for A/B tests, navigation, site layout, menus, images, copy, etc.
- Know how to broadcast and promote content in digital marketing channels like video portals, social media, PR, blogging, industry influencers and photo image sharing.
- Have a strong passion for beating competition for higher keyword rankings on core terms.