Our agency client is hiring an SEO copywriter for a 3 week engagement. This position is onsite and full time hours.
The SEO Copywriter is responsible for creating effective copy for our clients search campaigns. The Copywriter reports to the Search Director and partners closely with the Search Analysts and Account Managers to ensure that campaign effectiveness targets are reached. The successful Copywriter will focus on client web content and optimization by utilizing industry expertise to support strong copywriting.
CORE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist with audit of clients' website content to ensure the sites content aligns with client goals
- Provides recommendations to maximize site traffic for client websites and provide strategic traffic analysis for content enhancements.
- Provides strategies to optimize website content based on keyword research and traffic potential.
- Learn to manage Page-based search campaigns to ensure maximum Return on Investment for clients.
- Possesses the ability to write web content that is optimized for search engines.
- Coordinates with third party vendors and/or client content managers to resolve implementation issues.
- Assists in the development of scopes of work for the production search engine marketing (SEM) campaigns, based on the defined strategy for the client.
- Creates and manages goal driven off site optimization (link building) strategy.
- Manages most content strategy aspects of SEM projects including kickoff, requirements analysis, development, testing and launch.
- This includes the scheduling and review of deliverables for each of these steps.
- Keep abreast of search engine algorithm changes as needed to ensure ongoing competitiveness in the search engine marketing space.
- Research search engine algorithms and providing analysis
- Learn to utilize industry software to monitor clients' search engine rankings, and perform keyword research using tools such as WordTracker, Keyword Max, Web Position Gold, or similar.
- Learns to utilize industry software to configure and analyze client web site reporting packages such as HitBox, Omniture and WebTrends.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Well versed in eCommerce
- An understanding of search engine optimization
- Strong copywriting skills and a proven track record of SEO content optimization.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal), interpersonal skills, a positive attitude and the ability to thrive in a collaborative agency environment are required
- The ability to successfully work on multiple projects in a deadline-driven environment
-An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, English, Library Sciences, eCommerce, or similar field required.
- Prior experience with search engine optimization required
Interested? Apply today.