SEM Analyst – Austin, TX
This company has a strong presence in the digital space and is looking for someone with a strong work ethic, high energy, a passion for innovation, and a team player mentality. They are looking to hire ASAP! This is a great opportunity for someone to learn the keys of digital analytics!
*Agency experience is preferred
*Google certification/ Bing certification big PLUS
*Self-driven and focused despite evolving environment
*Math, financial background, account background, or stats
*Able to adapt to change
JOB SUMMARY: Search Engine Marketing Analyst manages online campaigns with our primary search partners – Google, Yahoo, Facebook and Bing. This position will involve, but is not limited to, creating and monitoring search ads, coordinating with the Director of Search and team, trafficking and optimizing search ads and keywords on the search network, and managing inventory and production of campaign keyword lists.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
• Generate and continually expand keyword lists to maximize campaign exposure to a target audience
• Create compelling ad copy within search engine specs, with continued testing of creative appeals, messaging and brand positioning
• Develop a spending strategy across keyword groups and engine partners
• Structure keywords into tactical management groups for maximum accessibility and accountability
• Daily bid-management per keyword/ad-group and general placement of client budgets
• Execute testing strategies across all major campaign assets or controls for success
• Portfolio management of individual keywords at various CPC rates, set against various metrics and benchmarks of success
• Ensure that paid search campaigns are properly launched and maintained
• Traffic and implement production sheets for search engine partners such as Google, Yahoo!, Facebook and Bing
• Maintain daily contact with vendor partners to monitor campaign changes
• Understand client goals and how to maximize those measures of success through tactical strategies and technologies
• Generate and assemble internal reports, including front end data and backend accountability
• Careful attention to salient metrics and price points
• Maintain and optimize client campaigns to improve overall performance against pre-determined benchmarks on an ongoing basis
• Consistent quality-assurance (QA) of recently launched and ongoing campaigns
• Problem solving & decision making- uses logic and methods to solve difficult problems, probes fruitful sources for input, makes good decisions based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment
• Ability to understand client goals and how they translate into media strategy when applied via online technologies
• Ability to effectively communicate processes and tactics to internal team members
Education/Experience: Bachelors degree preferred, or appropriate combination of experience. Minimum 2-4 years experience working in interactive media (Prior experience at a search engine or interactive advertising agency will be strongly considered) Basic understanding of the Search Engine Marketing industry, including major players and supporting technology.
Training/Equipment: Proficient in Microsoft Office desktop applications
Work Environment/Mental/Physical Requirements: High stress office environment with deadline pressures. Position will require day-to-day multi-tasking, and well as managing multiple projects simultaneously with frequent change in direction and priority.
NOTE: This job description contains the basic requirements for the position and is NOT intended to be a complete list of responsibilities; other duties may be assigned.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs
SEM Analyst – Austin, TX