We are hiring a Retail/Store Production Designer for our global fortune 500 company in Seattle WA with strong REVIT skills. Successful talent will have CAD drafting skills using REVIT, including production of construction documents and 5 years experience. Adobe Creative Suite, primarily Photoshop and Illustrator Experience working in retail, hospitality, or restaurant design or development organization with 5 years experience. Architects are okay, but have really only been successful if you have interior design experience.
What does a typical work day entail? What are the daily tasks/responsibilities/deliverables?
8 hours of REVIT concept, and design development. Space planning, palette selection, and rendering expected.
What are the must/nice to have skills you are looking for?
Space planning, palette selection, and rendering expected.
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Contributes to Store Development Business Goals with Construction and Real Estate by achieving target deliverables on number of stores and meeting all established deadlines.
- Designs stores within parameters of individual store budgets and market requirements based on direction from the design manager.
- Maintains regular and consistent attendance and punctuality. Manages the production of construction documents by designers and consultants.
- Mentors designers and asst designers and ensures intended scope of work, needs and code requirements are met on drawings.
- Checks drawings for design intent.
- Conducts site visits as needed under periodic guidance of the design manager.
- Participates in the architectural design process by assessing the scope of the project through review of surveys and deal documents.
- Develops schematic drawings and selects palettes under periodic guidance of the design manager.
- Participates in the execution of design strategy by reinforcing communicating design direction and changes to consultants.
- Identifies exceptions, proposes design solutions and resolves issues with manager.
- Participates with cross functional teams on individual store designs by participating in periodic schematic reviews with Operations and Design reviews under the guidance of the design manager.
Summary of Experience:
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability in 3D visualization and working knowledge of color and design principles.
- Visual, written and verbal communication of design issues.
- Ability to execute multiple designs under tight deadlines.
- Ability to translate stated design principles / objectives into unique and varied store locations.
Nice to haves:
- Restaurant / retail design experience desired.
- Experience working on multiple projects with competing priorities
- This role must be able to switch gears to support the team and work independently