This Huge Entertainment client constantly strives to create and maintain a best in class marketing function with an emphasis on lifetime value of their content.
Overview of the role:
Responsible for the commercial exploitation of the product catalogue to deliver financial expectations for the Company and achieve No. 1 status across a predefined group of retailers
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
• Contribute, implement and meet the fiscal budget expectations for the product catalogue portfolio.
• Accountable for the optimisation of Standard and Blu-ray film catalogue within a predefined group of retailers.
• Take ownership for the Ultimate P&L from new to promotion stage creating the release strategy to hit financial requirements.
• Manage title selection to maximise profitability across every SKU and every price band in retailer promotional campaigns.
• Optimise WHV key everyday line representation within traditional and new business channels.
• Ensure continuous evaluation of promotional pricing strategy and competitor developments in the marketplace, UK and Eire.
• Drive dedicated space opportunities for Blu-ray, to promote growth and penetration of the format in addition to maintaining share lead.
• Collaborate with Marketing Controller - Catalogue to determine the most effective annual marketing budget and co-op activity.
• Assess seasonal secondary space opportunities to create dynamic and incremental consumer centric retailer promotions.
• Work closely with the digital team to ensure transparency of physical pricing strategies.
• Deliver cost economies and efficiencies through continuous inventory control and moratorium management.
• Become a catalogue expert knowing the pedigree of the entire portfolio to generate commercial opportunities by retailer.
• Play a high profile role in company team sell meetings and support the Sales team with external customer negotiations.
• Develop strong relationships with Sales, Marketing Insight, Operations, Retail Planning, Finance and Film Marketing.
• Nurture effective working relationships with key marketing contacts within the head office.
Skills, experience and qualifications:
• Proven experience in a commercial role taking ownership for a product’s lifecycle or retailer promotions
• Ideally held a role of a similar position within a UK retailer
• Track record in planning product promotions from profit margin to point of purchase execution
• Comprehensive understanding of a P&L and contribution savvy
• Anticipates, drives and maximises all opportunities at retail with traditional and non traditional accounts
• Excellent negotiation, influencing and interpersonal skills with internal sales teams and external buyers
• Demonstrates excellent communication skills and forges strong working relationships with key stakeholders
• Ability to lead and originate a company fiscal budget including monthly reforecasting
• High level of home entertainment product and industry knowledge
• Highly competent with business analytical systems and processes
• Monitors competitor and consumer intelligence to re-shape pricing strategies
• Displays stature, conviction and passion for the position and product
• Educated to degree level or equivalent
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs