Aquent's Fortune 500 client is looking for a Retail Floor Plan Designer who has strong experience with merchandising and layout design, to work a 6-month assignment, with strong potential to turn permanent, on-location for 40 hours/week in Boca Raton.
- Design layouts to maximize retail store space, sales, profit, and shopping convenience.
- Work closely with manager and designers to audit, modify and fix store layouts for 1000 commercial sites
- Develop store plans based on existing guidelines while leveraging store performance analytics to drive recommendations to increase store performance through the usage of space allocations and product adjacencies
- Comply with all building regulations, corporate standards and internal standards (i.e. ADA, safety, fire code, CAD standards, compliance elements, bay guides, etc.)
- Requires knowledge of industry-specific software (AutoCAD, SmartSpace, SketchUp, Planograms, etc.)
- Retail space planning and/or merchandising experience (partnered with AutoCAD) is a huge plus
- Merchandising and store layout design experience associated with understanding merchandising strategies, product category adjacencies, and floor space analysis
- Retail/store merchandising experience
- Store operations experience
- Space planning knowledge
- Project management experience
- 2-4 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures associated with retail layout design
- A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.