Aquent's Fortune 25 client is looking for a Junior Store Planner to work an ongoing assignment, on-location for 40 hours/week, in Atlanta, GA. Potential to extend or turn permanent.
- Responsible for the independent production of floor plan deliverables as set by project scope and Store Planning leadership.
- Develop store plans based on existing guidelines while leveraging store performance analytics to drive recommendations to increase store performance through the usage of space allocations and product adjacencies
- Creates store and departmental layouts that align with project scope
- Comply with all building regulations, corporate standards and internal standards (i.e. ADA, safety, fire code, CAD standards, compliance elements, bay guides, etc.)
- Develop multiple store layout projects simultaneously while adhering to project scope, timelines and quality metrics set forth by Store Planning leadership
- Support field requests by Division with guidance and approval from Store Planning leadership to ensure proper prioritization of tasks
- Follow the provided structure of store project file management with all related deliverables (DWG files, Images, etc.)
- Performs counts of total or impacted bays and pallets and calculates square footage of assigned plans according to set scope or drawing standards (Total Square Feet, Selling Square Feet, etc.)
- Ensures the proper fixture blocks and associated merchandise labels are leveraged that align with external groups as driven by Store Planning leadership
- Support continuous communication and integration with external groups to ensure cross functional compliance and alignment of the related project or task
- MUST HAVE WORKING PROFICIENCY (beyond schooling) WITH AUTOCAD
- 1-3 years relevant work experience
- Merchandising and store layout design experience associated with understanding merchandising strategies, product category adjacencies, and floor space analysis.
- Experience must be more design, not drafting
- Retail space planning and/or merchandising experience (partnered with AutoCAD) is a huge plus
- Proficiency with computer-aided design/drafting skills (AutoCAD) is a must!! Candidates without AutoCAD experience will NOT be considered
- Store and macro space planning experience with emphasis in merchandising
- Experience with space productivity analysis
- Proficient with Microsoft applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel at minimum)
- Store operations experience
- Project management experience
- Must be able to adapt to an environment where frequent changes are expected