In this assignment with Aquent's client, you will be responsible for coordinating, tracking, and reporting on research to inform on client's hardware devices. The product team is customer- and user-focused and actively engages in multi-faceted research to inform all aspects of products and experiences.
You should love engaging with users/customers, looking deeply into quantitative/qualitative data, finding patterns across studies, and transforming findings into actionable insights. You are familiar with a broad range of research methodologies and analysis tools. Last but not least, you love users.
Top 3 Daily Responsibilities:
- Project manage various research projects by working closely with cross-functional internal teams such as User Experience Research, Business Operations, Marketing, Industrial Design, User -Experience Design and Product Management.
- Work with Research Leads to build out research plans by identifying requirements and dependencies and building schedules to manage to deadlines.
- Actively work to remove obstacles and enable forward momentum and progress. Manage issue escalations and provide support to teams balancing competing priorities.
- Balance team expectations, business needs, and resources to ensure correct prioritization of cross-functional work as products evolve.
- Represent team in critical research meetings to track actions, milestones, and deliverables.
- Design and execute research studies when needed in situations that require a quick turnaround or research resources are unavailable.
- Participate in research studies to gather direct observations and experience with users.
- Provide deep quantitative and qualitative research analysis support when needed, including the application of machine learning like clustering algorithms, decision trees, etc.
- Provide clear communication to cross-functional team leads and senior management regarding project status, resource requirements, issues, and priorities. Proactively identify risks, prioritize them, and create plans to resolve in a timely manner.
- Manage a research tracker to provide visibility into ongoing research.
- Manage a research findings email list and newsletter to keep stakeholders informed with the latest actionable insights.
- Coordinate a regular research forum to enable cross-functional stakeholders to share latest insights.
- Vendor liaison administration duties such as vendor enrollment, contract generation/negotiation and budget/purchase order management when needed.
- Be a “Research Evangelist” that shares insights and best-practices across client, at times connecting people who would benefit from collaboration with each other.
- BA/BS degree in any field
- 5 years of experience in quantitative and qualitative user research
- 5 years of experience with applied machine learning
- 5 years of experience managing cross-functional teams that delivered solutions related to user research and insights
Nice to Have Skills:
- Experience in Hardware Research
- Thorough knowledge of user-centered design processes and iterative development processes.
- Proven ability to multitask, analyze opportunities, define successful approaches, proactively solve problems and accomplish challenging objectives with minimum direction.
- High degree of initiative to drive projects to completion.
- Excellent multi-tasking, project management and stakeholder management skills.
- An analytical mindset. You approach problems from an inquisitive and scientific perspective and are always looking for data to help make decisions, but you know how to balance quantitative and qualitative insights.