In this assignment for Aquent's client, the Brand Research Manager plays a pivotal role in supporting the Brand marketing teams through analysis of primary, secondary behavioral and audience trends data. This role will be responsible for extracting actionable insights from both behavioral and attitudinal data that will shape the understanding of how brand marketing and communications resonate with the core target audiences, as well as inform and validate strategic direction. The ideal candidate will:
-Be a thought leader who does not just execute, but is curious and passionate about data, with the ability to extract and tell compelling stories using data insights.
-Be proactive and independent: candidate works well with minimal guidance and is excited to "take the first pass" at analysis plans or reports, without needing prescriptive direction
-Knows how to get the best out of vendors/agencies and organize efficiently.
-Be able to manage workload by balancing future logistical and strategic needs.
-Have exceptional analytical, communication (written and verbal), and presentation skills with ability to link insights to strategy and translate complex ideas into simple and intuitive communications
Top Daily Responsibilities:
- Manage Brand health tracker and 3rd party syndicated brand equity studies
- Connect Generation Z and Generation Y trends, motivations and drivers to the core business
- Frame and translate business questions, into appropriate analytical plans and research studies that will inform strategic and tactical business decisions for go to market planning
- Design holistic in market measurement and learning plans that explain the incremental impact of media spend on core success metrics and KPIs.
- Synthesize audience research, trends, behaviors and needs into insightful reports and engaging presentations
- Manage research agency relationships
- Bachelor's Degree in any field of study (In lieu of degree, 9 years of relevant experience).
- 5+ years of primary marketing research and campaign measurement experience with 2+ years of recent experience on the client side (should be on the company side, not supplier side)
- Past experience with running brand equity measurement programs (i.e - Brand tracking)
- Strong understanding of Generation Z and Generation Y trends (i.e. - Gen Z (teens) and Gen Y (millennials)
- Strong understanding of statistical analysis techniques
Nice to Haves:
- Prior marketing insights experience in brand measurement and audience insights
- Behavioral data analysis (connecting behaviors and usage data to attitudes and perceptions) and experimental design.