Aquent's technology client in Sausalito, CA is seeking a Research Assistant (RA) for 6+ months support and conduct research studies with human subjects. RAs will be responsible for set-up implementation and data collection for the studies. They will need to work with staff to ensure that the study equipment set up and the study conduct follows all applicable safety plans. Some motion capture (mocap) experience is required. This opportunity has the potential for permanent conversion.
- Stage and set up equipment for the study: Study set up may involve engaging with engineering, external equipment vendors, internal and external safety evaluators, and the research study team to ensure the equipment is set up properly.
- Conduct the study: This includes any or all of the following: screening participants, obtaining participant consent, assuring the privacy and confidentiality of participants and their data, instructing study participants and guiding them through study procedures, running the study procedures, collecting the data per study design, formatting and annotating the data, and creating basic reports regarding the data. The RAs are expected to follow procedures related to maintaining confidential information and handling of confidential data.
- Study support services: Support research and development in various areas including data collection, onsite handling, tracking of participant compensation and tracking of equipment and procedures.
- RAs may assist the study project manager and external recruiting services in participant recruiting and scheduling activities.
- RA’s may pilot experiments, make observations, and give feedback to the study team to optimize study procedures.
Role may also include:
- Complete the study set-up. Including developing and utilizing a study set up check list. This service may include the set up and approvals that are obtained per the study timeline and coordinating safety reviews with internal or external safety organizations. This may also include coordination with researchers and legal team for drafting of questionnaires and consent forms.
- Schedule study participants: this service includes coordinating activities with recruiting firms. As needed, prepare solicitation materials (following standard and policies), and lead the advertisement of the study.
- Schedule study rooms/stages: This deliverable includes keeping a facility-wide tracking sheet, updated at least weekly, of what study rooms/stages are in use or available.
- Administer gift cards/checks for study participants: This deliverable includes careful tracking of gift cards/checks inventory.
- Development of study administrative procedures, training materials and administration of “how-to” trainings for staff involved in user study at least monthly. The scope of the training is intended to be limited to the tasks for User Study Program support and Research Assistant support.
- Institutional Review Board (IRB) management: Obtain IRB approval and manage the IRB file and communications. This work includes tracking status and communicating stats at least monthly.
- Maintain a study list and provide status reports weekly and final review when study is complete.