- Preparing for user research activities (working with the recruiters to schedule study sessions, setting up the usability lab, finalizing study plans, etc.).
- Observing and running usability testing sessions and interviews.
- Administering questionnaires, surveys, and interviews.
- Taking notes during user study sessions.
- Analyzing qualitative & quantitative data.
- Communicating findings from the study to the research lead and other stakeholders.
- Creating reports (including creating graphs, highlight videos, slide decks etc.).
- Analyzing, interpreting, and summarizing existing research reports.
- Help in organizing and running design sprints.
Top 3 Daily Responsibilities:
- Planning, conducting, and analyzing studies under direction of manager
- Attending meetings and taking notes
- Advocating with product teams on behalf of user and socializing research results
- B.A./B.S. in Human Factors, Psychology, - HCI/Computer Science, or other field emphasizing human behavior; or in lieu or degree, 3 years of work experience.
- 1-3 years of research experience
- Detail-oriented and ability to work fairly independently on a variety of tasks.
- Interest in general research and user research methods.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Can prioritize time between multiple projects, and be flexible by adapting to changing schedules and different projects.
- Technical aptitude, familiarity with basic graphic and video editing tools preferred.
- Knowledge of basic statistical concepts preferred.
- Self-motivated and comfortable in a fast-paced, fluid environment.
- Excellent communication skills with key stakeholders.
- Ability to distill research findings into concise and actionable insights.
- Experience working in or studying journalism / news is a big plus.
Nice to have skills:
- M.A/M.S. in Human Factors, Psychology, - - HCI/Computer Science, or other field emphasizing human behavior
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs