**Part-time opportunity** Hours will fluctuate from 8 hours - 40 hours/week. Looking for someone with flexible schedule.
The Research Assistant (RA) provides support to conduct research studies with human
subjects. RAs will be responsible for set-up implementation and data collection for user
studies. They will need to work with client's staff to ensure that the study equipment set
up and the study conduct follows all applicable safety plans.
• Stage and set up equipment for the study: Study set up may involve engaging with
engineering, external equipment vendors, internal and external safety evaluators, and
the research study team to ensure the equipment is set up properly.
• Conduct the study: This includes any or all of the following: screening participants,
obtaining participant consent, assuring the privacy and confidentiality of participants
and their data, instructing study participants and guiding them through study
procedures, running the study procedures, collecting the data per study design,
formatting and annotating the data, and creating basic reports regarding the data. The
RAs are expected to follow procedures related to maintaining confidential information
and handling of confidential data.
• Study support services: Support research and development in various areas including
data collection, data entry and collation, onsite handling, tracking of participant
compensation and tracking of equipment and procedures.
• RAs may assist the study project manager and external recruiting services in participant
recruiting and scheduling activities.
• RA’s may pilot experiments, make observations, and give feedback to the study
team to optimize study procedures.
Role may also include – Depending on availability of Office Manager
• Complete the study set-up. Including developing and utilizing a study set up check list.
This service may include the set up and approvals that are obtained per the study
timeline and coordinating safety reviews with internal or external safety organizations.
This may also include coordination with researchers and legal team for drafting of
questionnaires and consent forms.
• Schedule study participants: this service includes coordinating activities with recruiting
firms contracted with the client. As needed, prepare solicitation materials (following
standard and policies), and lead the advertisement of the study.
• Schedule study rooms/stages: This deliverable includes keeping a facility-wide tracking
sheet, updated at least weekly, of what study rooms/stages are in use or available.
• Administer gift cards/checks for study participants: This deliverable includes careful
tracking of gift cards/checks inventory.
• Development of study administrative procedures, training materials and administration
of “how-to” trainings for staff involved in user study at least monthly. The scope of the
training is intended to be limited to the tasks for User Study Program support and
Research Assistant support.
• Institutional Review Board (IRB) management: Obtain IRB approval and manage the IRB
file and communications. This work includes tracking status and communicating stats
with in the company at least monthly.
• Maintain a study list and provide status reports weekly and final review with the client
when study is complete.