The Analyst will support the (2) Managers and Director of Research for USA/Cloo in responding to sales research requests, using Nielsen ratings data as well as other syndicated research tools: MRI/Simmons and Nielsen TV Brand Effect (IAG). He/she will report trends in audience deliveries, analyze the composition of the audience, identify brand/category opportunities based on consumer behavior and consumption, and use a variety of data sources to help develop one-sheets and decks that will be presented in sales meetings. In addition, this role requires weekly, monthly and quarterly reports to track programs/dayparts on USA and Cloo, as well as key competitors.
• Bachelor's degree preferred in Media, Communications, Sociology, Psychology or Marketing.
• 2+ years at a media company (cable entertainment network preferred) where responsibilities included ratings analyses and sales positioning.
• Highly proficient in Galaxy Explorer or StarTrak, Nielsen TV Toolbox, and MRI or Simmons.
• Excellent computer skills, particularly PowerPoint and Excel.
• Strong writing, math and presentation skills, as well as the ability to work under pressure and handle multiple projects.
• Strong analytical skills and fast learner.
• Successful candidate must be both a team player and able to work independently.