The Reporting Analyst is an integral part of the Aquent Business Intelligence (BI) team responsible for deploying solutions to support data retrieval by business analysts and the business user groups across the enterprise.
In addition to developing advanced reporting, the Reporting Analyst will be responsible for maintaining, testing, documenting and implementing BI reports and dashboards. This role will work closely with data architects to define data warehouse structures and data requirements.
The Reporting Analyst should expect to work independently or as a team member and will assist in developing strategies to improve data mining and analysis. This position supports the department and company by managing and improving high value on-line and distributed reports, charts and graphs built in a variety of tools.
- Author and publish reports, charts and dashboards using YellowfinBI, BusinessObjects and BIRT
- Conduct ad-hoc analysis and studies for the business as needed
- Collaborate with the business and technical resources necessary to fulfill BI activities
- Validate results through discovery of underlying data detail in the data warehouse
- Document reporting requests from business stakeholders
Skills and Experience required:
- At least 4 years working with data, report building, SQL programming, and similar experience
- Experience with and an advanced knowledge of analytic/report writing programs including any of the following: YellowfinBI, BusinessObjects, Crystal Reports, Microsoft SQL Reporting Services, Cognos
- Proficiency in SQL, ability to create and optimize database objects in dimensional models
- Databases: SybaseIQ, PostgreSQL, MySQL, MSSQL
- Experience with data warehouse relational database design
- Strong oral and written communication skills; Ability to train and instruct others on the designed solutions
Other Desired Qualifications:
- Experience in query tuning and storage design for high-performance data access
- Experience in ETL techniques and design
- Linux Administration tasks