This position provides analytical support for our cutting edge digital personalized marketing programs managed by Global Marketing and Digital teams. They will measure the impact of personalization marketing initiatives in driving incremental revenue and achieving customer engagement goals and influence the strategy. This will require that they collaborate with other internal analytics and research teams to identify key performance measures, analyze the performance of customer segments, develop test designs to measure lift from digital personalization initiatives, and provide insights and reports to cross-functional teams on marketing effectiveness. In addition, this person will develop weekly/biweekly dashboards and reports for the business unit managers, lead the review of performance metrics each week, identify opportunities for improving targeting of marketing communications through analysis, and support measurement requirements for the extension of brand personalization platform to a broader set of marketing programs within the company.
3-5 years of relevant work experience, ideally with experience as a quantitative data analyst. Applied experience in marketing analysis, CRM analytics, digital analytics, or statistical analysis is preferred.
Strong to expert SQL skills and experience integrating large datasets from multiple systems and sources
Experience with R or SAS or other statistical software with statistical analysis
Experience with Tableau, MicroStrategy, Cognos, Omniture (preferred but not required upon entry)
Statistical analysis experience, including A/B testing, linear regression, and time series forecasting
Experience analyzing digital marketing and web analytics data using ad serving data and Adobe Marketing Cloud or Google Analytics
Ability to interface with both business leaders and technical professionals to ensure data integrity and develop decision support systems addressing key business questions
Bachelor’s degree in a related field. Strong coursework in quantitative disciplines, including statistics, economics, or operations research preferred.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Work, Projects, and Policies
• Measure the impact of targeted marketing communication (i.e., personalization) in driving customer response, engagement and hotel profit among target customer segments. Work with the testing team and other analysts to construct test plans to quantify lift of targeted marketing communications over a control.
• Partner with the internal analytics, research, marketing and digital teams to gain agreement on key performance indicators, measurement methods, and the definition of success prior to the launch of campaigns and initiatives. Define measurement and analytical methods for both direct response and branding campaigns within an analysis brief. Conduct analysis, present findings, solicit feedback, and provide recommendations.
• Develop a thorough understanding of marketing and personalization strategies, consumer segmentation methods and marketing channel execution tactics and operational processes as they pertain to data collection, customer identification, measurement, and marketing optimization.
• Develop an understanding of analytical databases and reporting systems, including digital website data from Adobe, ad impression and response data from Doubleclick and other media partners, reservations data, and customer data. Become highly proficient at querying these disparate data sources to develop meaningful insights about marketing activity, customer response, and marketing campaign’s impact on driving incremental customer engagement and revenue over time.
• Develop weekly/biweekly dashboards and reports for the business unit managers, leading the review of performance metrics each week.
• Identify opportunities for improving targeting of marketing communications on website and via performance display media through statistical analysis and predictive modeling.
• Support requirements for the future personalization platform by defining analysis and measurement standards and processes.
• Help define technical standards for online marketing analysis and reporting data, including data acquisition, data management, and report development, distribution and maintenance.
• Provide project management support including planning, documentation, defining technical processes, prioritization, scheduling, and communications.
• QA reporting processes, analyses and data models. Ensure that tracking applications are working properly and data is accurate and consistent for analysis.
• Build sales, demand and conversion forecasts to evaluate the impact of personalization campaigns, as appropriate.
• Help monitor automated processes for delivering data to marketing systems, and assist internal and 3rd party technical teams to troubleshoot and resolve issues.
Demonstrating and Applying Discipline Knowledge
• Demonstrated analytical ability with strong knowledge of data modeling and statistical analysis techniques. Ability to synthesize and analyze large volumes of complex information from multiple sources.
• Possess a working knowledge of current online marketing strategies and tactics. Demonstrated experience analyzing complex, multi-faceted online marketing programs.
• Statistical analysis experience should include linear and logistic regression, time series forecasting/ARIMA models, and cluster analysis, using command-line statistical software packages like SAS or R.
• Excellent project management skills, with ability to independently manage multiple projects.
• Ability to interface with systems professionals to develop decision support systems and ensure data integrity.
• Excellent interpersonal and written and oral communication skills, as well as public speaking. Ability to explain complex information in a way easily understood by a non-technical audience.
• Provides information to supervisors and co-workers by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person in a timely manner.
• Demonstrates self-confidence, energy and enthusiasm.
• Informs and/or updates leaders on relevant information in a timely manner.
• Manages time effectively and conducts activities in an organized manner.
• Presents ideas, expectations and information in a concise, organized manner.
• Uses problem solving methodology for decision making and follow up.
• Performs other reasonable duties as assigned by manager.
• Adaptability – Maintains performance level under pressure or when experiencing changes or challenges in the workplace.
• Communication – Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
• Problem Solving and Decision Making - Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develops and evaluates alternatives and solutions, solves problems, and chooses a course of action.
• Professional Demeanor - Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
• Strategy Development - Develops business plans by exploring and systematically evaluating opportunities with the greatest potential for producing positive results; ensures successful preparation and execution of business plans through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluation processes.
• Building and Contributing to Teams - Participates as a member of a team to move toward the completion of common goals while fostering cohesion and collaboration among team members.
• Strategy Execution – Ensures successful execution across of business plans designed to maximize customer satisfaction, profitability, and market share through effective planning, organizing, and on-going evaluation processes.
• Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
• Planning and Organizing - Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
• Customer Relationships - Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer/stakeholder needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
• Coworker Relationships - Interacts with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
• Global Mindset - Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
• Organizational Capability - Evaluates and adapts the structure of assignments and work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
• Talent Management - Provides support and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
• Applied Learning - Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs