Strong event management experience required. Strong agency/corporate experience. Client is a global financial services firm.
The Regional Event Manager works with other Event Managers, Associate Event Director and Marketing Strategists in planning and executing marketing activities within the Northeast and Metro New York Divisions, in coordination with business leadership, Brand and Advertising, Corporate Communications, and other stakeholders. This includes, but is not limited to, the end to end design and delivery of local events consistent with corporate positioning and marketing strategy.
The job requirements include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Minimum 3+ years experience in a marketing-related position, including high-end / exclusive event planning experience
· Must understand the wealth management business, client audience and professional community
· Excellent project management skills: Strong communication, organizational, time management skills and attention to detail
· Must be detail oriented, resourceful, creative and flexible, possessing a “can do” attitude
· Must be a team-player, enthusiastic, positive, polished, poised and professional in a highly professional business setting
· Ability to work effectively with all company levels from senior executives to support staff
· Ability to participate with senior management in setting a strategic direction for events and programs
· Ability to work independently and take initiative
· Ability to work and maneuver through a process driven company
· Ability to develop and manage multiple vendor relationships
· Ability to negotiate with vendors
· Ability to prioritize and multi-task; work under tight deadlines
· Ability to work extended hours and travel when required
· Must possess good PC skills (including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
Duties and responsibilities
Working across the Marketing organization, the Regional Event Manager is responsible for planning and executing marketing activities within a regional area, including but not limited to:
· Planning and execution of all aspects of events run by U.S. Trust (including invitee, response, and attendance tracking and reporting, confirmation calls), working with field to secure attendance, adding event to master events calendar, working with support partners on production of invitations, mailing of invitations, venue selection, room décor and set-up, determination and securing of catering and rental needs, menu selection, insurance, securing AV, management of any other internal or external vendor relations, other on-site logistics, budgeting and expense tracking, invoice reconciliation, day-of-event management, etc.)
· Management of an event budget; utilization and compliance with all tracking and reporting systems to provide accurate and timely data.
· Analysis and reporting of results and program effectiveness; utilization of contact management system for list generation, tracking, analytics and reporting
Temporary Position, Based Full Time in New York, NY. Expected hours 9:00am – 5:00pm with exceptions due to business entertainment. Travel to other regions and venues within the Northeast and Metro New York Divisions required. [Some travel will be required – mostly in and around Metro New York, some travel to surrounding regions (New Jersey, Connecticut, Long Island)]
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs