As the Real-Time Content Producer, you will be at the helm of a real-time command center, you’ll need to be a creative innovator and relationship manager who inspires your team to think bigger. Focused on identifying and leading creative projects inspired by current news events, pop culture, and trending conversations, this is a role that will work across client’s 30 Hotel Brands, it’s loyalty programs, and a sundry of partners and collaborators.
Your work day runs from 7:00am to 3:00pm and your team lives in a fast-paced, high-tech environment where you will be surrounded by marketers, producers, editors and the corporate comms team to quickly spot cross-platform, high-engagement opportunities.
You have an eye for identifying emerging trends, strong stories, crisis situations, and analyzing real-time data utilizing sophisticated technological platforms to help drive strategies and content development on social and digital channels. You’re also comfortable analyzing the results of your creative work and developing reporting about them.
Most of all, you should be able to build consensus among a team of colleagues who are generating original creative concepts and supporting assets and experiences on a per project basis that connects and links our next generation of consumers with Marriott International.
The core accountabilities of this position include:
• Business Contribution: Collaborate with producers, designers, clients, and department colleagues to develop creative content for real-time social media campaigns and related guest experiences supporting the objectives of assigned projects relating to internal businesses and brand(s), Global Marketing and Corporate Communication. Monitor global coverage in print, online and broadcast media for Marriott International and its 30 brands. Identify major global industry news coverage for insights, trends, opportunities and real-time response to cultural issues and crisis situations.
• Creative Output: Identify opportunities to generate high-quality creative content in collaboration various production teams, while complying with project schedules, budget and workflow processes. Your ideas will be original. Your execution quick and complete.
• Resource Management: Forecast and allocate data analytics resources against current and planned creative projects; coordinate daily efforts to enable individual and team contribution, in compliance with performance management practices.
• Leverage understanding of assigned clients, as well as Marriott International overall, to provide innovative ideas and creative content that achieves business results.
• Partner with Corporate Communications and Global Marketing to ensure that daily trending news reports comply with corporate and individual brand-identity guidelines and support cross-platform content marketing needs.
• Deliver creative content and stories that support various marketing communications business needs and generate daily debriefs to the entire organization alerting to Brand specific and Industry-related news stories and events.
• Willingness and ability to work evenings and special weekends, like Super Bowl Sunday.
• Work Hours: 7 a.m. to ~ 3 p.m.
• Develop original IP and creative work in conjunction with design and content teams for strategic social platforms as well as to ensure that brand and creative-quality standards are met in real-time and for pre-planned activations.
• Participate in creative presentations to internal colleagues as well as clients—effectively representing concepts and solutions to influence sell-through.
• Effectively manage and prioritize own workload—setting priorities and driving project deliverables to targeted, timely completion.
• Manage workflow and delivery of materials executed by assigned content and design teams so that project budgets and schedules are consistently met.
• Responsible for creative execution and working with a large team and multiple stakeholders across brands.
• Estimate and ensure the timely availability of resources for successful project execution; keep the M Live leadership and Corporate Comms updated re: trending events and associated analytics as it relates to forecasting for future projects.
• Regularly monitor individual and team performance, providing objective and applicable feedback in compliance with Marriott performance management practices.
• Provide mentoring and talent-development opportunities to multiple stakeholders.
• Consider stakeholder interests and development needs when inter-facing and presenting work assignments.
• Be accessible to those stakeholders to help address issues and resolve problems.
• Inspire individuals and the team overall to achieve higher levels of performance.
• Identify new resources, tools, and technology to advance project work and partner potential.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
• Bachelor's degree in communications, marketing and/or journalism required.
• A pioneering perspective on social media advertising, branding and marketing communications with a focus on organic success.
• Proficient in all existing and emerging social media channels (Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, Snapchat). Knowledge of WeChat, Weibo and other international channels is a plus.
• Experience with Adobe programs, InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator are a plus.
• Ability to partner with colleagues and clients to develop and execute cross-platform creative in support of business and brand objectives.
• Experience overseeing creative content initiatives for global brands.
• Related work with content creation and creative wins through storytelling and/or guest experience.
• Ability to succeed under pressure, managing multiple concurrent projects while shifting priorities and responding to changing business/client needs.
• Customer-oriented mindset with exceptional attention to detail, organizational, and presentation skills.
• Experience working as part of a multi-functional project team (particularly working with account management, production, studio and traffic).
• A proven understanding of creative workflow processes including briefings, concepting, content development, execution as well as expertise related to design and production across verticals.
• Loyalty or Luxury brand marketing experience a plus