UK Retail Client Management - RFI Specialist
Our Client is one of the world’s preeminent asset management firms and a premier provider of global investment management, risk management and advisory services to institutional, intermediary and individual investors around the world. This organisation offers a range of solutions — from rigorous fundamental and quantitative active management approaches aimed at maximizing outperformance to highly efficient indexing strategies designed to gain broad exposure to the world’s capital markets. Its clients can access our investment solutions through a variety of product structures, including individual and institutional separate accounts, mutual funds and other pooled investment vehicles, and the industry-leading iShares® ETFs.
Business Unit Overview:
EMEA Retail business employs over 200 people managing more than $200bn in assets. EMEA Retail is primarily a wholesale business providing cross-border solutions to intermediaries who serve the full spectrum of privately-owned wealth across Europe, the Middle East and Africa. Our clients are predominantly global and multi-national banks, wealth managers and insurers focused on delivering discretionary investment management and financial advisory services to private investors.
EMEA Retail’s product proposition comprises a broad range of both actively managed and index pooled investment vehicles. The Global Funds range which is registered and distributed in over 20 countries across the EMEA region as the flagship offering.
A UK-domiciled Authorized Unit Trust range is also distributed in the UK to serve the needs of our domestic UK client base. In addition to its core mutual fund business, EMEA Retail aims to deliver bespoke, outcome-oriented investment portfolios to strategic partners across the region, often acting as an outsourced portfolio manager on behalf of our largest distributors
The UK Retail Client Management team sits within the EMEA Retail Client Business, supporting the UK Retail Sales team and our clients who invest in our Client’s products. The UK Retail Client Management team is primarily a client service team, currently aligned to the sales team structure comprising 28 individuals across five teams who support a specific sales channel.
The successful candidate will be part of a team responsible for writing Requests for Information (RFI) and providing Due Diligence information upon request. The person in this role will work closely with both product areas and sales teams; covering the UK, Europe and Far East; the team presents an excellent opportunity to gain exposure to these areas of the business and to gain a wealth of knowledge about the workings of the organisation, its position in the market and the products we manage.
• You will be the primary point of contact for clients who have sent through Request for Information (RFI) and fund questionnaires on our Client’s Funds.
• You will be expected to liaise closely with colleagues across the Retail Client Business and Portfolio Management groups and other internal stakeholders to deliver high quality, consistent and cohesive quantitative and qualitative information to existing clients invested in retail products. You will play an important role in this critical component of maintaining existing business.
• You will be expected to complete RFIs and fund questionnaires in a professional, accurate and timely manner.
• You will be expected to “own” client queries and drive them through to resolution, ensuring a variety of client queries are handled with due care and attention and responded to appropriately, within agreed time frames and always with consideration of the client’s needs and expectations.
• You will partner with the sales team and other business stakeholders to develop solutions for our clients, exploring our service capabilities and continually looking for ways to innovate and provide clients with improved and better service outcomes.
• Produce daily/monthly statistics for the team and participate in the continuous improvement of our control environment, policies and procedures, looking for ways to innovate and drive our business forward.
Experience & skills:
• Experience processing and writing RFI, request for proposal (RFP) or fund questionnaires within a retail or institution environment will be an advantage.
• The candidate will be an individual with at least 2-5 years financial services experience in a similar role or function.
• A highly motivated individual who demonstrates a genuine interest in financial services and client service and is well regarded as a lead subject matter expert in working with clients in a service environment. A proactive team-player who understands that a highly organized team can drive better performance.
• Drive and determination, with a willingness to learn and innovate.
• An individual who processes an enthusiastic ‘can do’ attitude, is resourceful, proactive and can lead self and positively influence others and develop relationships.
• An individual who demonstrates an organised, disciplined and methodical approach to work and able to manage time well whilst working in a sometimes pressured environment, with the ability to manage and prioritise work of self and others effectively to consistently meet business goals.
• Demonstrates an aptitude for problem solving and shows wiliness to go the extra mile for clients.
• Possesses strong interpersonal and organisational skills, ideally with experience managing a number of client accounts, with the ability to manage and control their own priorities to meet deadlines.
• Confident, friendly and respectful with excellent written and verbal communication skills, comfortable liaising with client and colleagues at all levels.
• Exhibits a client-focused attitude and be dedicated to offering the highest level of client service.
• Knowledge in Microsoft software such as Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• The UK Retail Client Management Team is central to servicing all Client’s products that Retails clients invest in and therefore the candidate has an excellent opportunity to learn the Retail Business from the grass roots upwards
• Our team acts as a central contact point for all Retail client contact queries and issues, therefore great opportunities exist to interact with for other departments such as Legal, Compliance, Portfolio Managers, Product and Business Operations and gain a wealth of knowledge about the workings of the organisation, its position in the market and the wide range of products that we manage.
• IMC, IAQ or CIMA qualification preferred
• Other academic and professional qualifications an advantage
• Self-starting and able to work autonomously
• Strong client services skills
• Excellent communicative skills
• Motivated, diligent and results driven
• Innovation, providing solutions appropriate for the business
• A good team player
• Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with clients
• Good attention to detail
• Good planning and organisational skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
These job descriptions are examples. Looking for work?Find JobsFind Jobs
UK Retail Client Management - RFI Specialist