This is a GREAT opportunity to get your foot in the door in a large corporate environment with opportunity to grow. We are a team that works on a platform that is a world class web search portal with millions of users per day. The local search team has a need to perform measurements on web data in the US markets. The role will require you to put yourself in our users place: to understand their queries and the results. Judging which results are best and why. You will be responsible for collecting, tagging/labeling contents (web results and documents) for use as index entries to help improve the quality of search results. In addition, you will also be judging parts of data that is used to create the results. You will also be verifying and entering data into a database using custom software or tools.
Reason for the work:
We have a constant need to generate new training data for and measure the results of our search engine for the US markets. For that we need Query Judges/Web Analysts who can provide the necessary human judgment component. (You are the human touch to the computer's algorithms!)
Summary of work to be done:
Analyzing and researching query terms and results to understand the customer’s intent and improve search results creating a better customer experience. Analyst needs to be able to take vague instruction and generate relevant results.
Day to Day work:
- Query Judgment – Judging relevancy of search results based on query terms. e.g. query “Fast food near New York train station”, judge the following products as perfect match, somewhat relevant or not relevant at all: A map showing all fast food restaurants, etc.
- Categorization – Classify search terms based on a database of set categories.
- Error Reduction Work – Proofreading business names, descriptions, and images.
- Business Matching – grouping same businesses received from various sources.
- Ad hoc Projects
- Excellent logic and critical thinking skills
- Good communication
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity
- Collaborative, motivated and able to follow directions