We are looking for a Quantitative User Experience Researcher with deep expertise in the design and execution of experiments and surveys, including the analysis of behavioral and survey data as applied to human-computer interaction. You will collaborate within the team to define and prioritize research and to develop understandings of educational tasks performed using our software. You will design and conduct empirical research interacting with both internal and external clients. Through visualization and statistical analysis, you will extract learnings from education and interaction data. Your research will generate user experience insights that will move our products forward.
This person will be working with very new products and collecting large amounts of data and mixing artificial intelligence and analyzing how the artificial intelligence works in the classroom. Working with internal groups and students and teachers to work on new types of capabilities for the company.
You should have:
- Ability to work in a research environment within a product pipeline
- Comfortable in both technical, educational and business settings
- 5+ years of experience in an applied research setting MS or Ph.D. in a human behavior field (e.g. Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Cognitive Psychology, Statistics)
- Strong experimental design with A/B testing skills 2+ years programming and/or scripting experience with languages such as R or Python and/or statistical analysis
- Excellent grasp of best practices in data visualization to influence decision-making
- Familiar with survey design and analysis
- Strong communication skills and comfort interacting with and influencing at varied levels of the organization.
A sample of tasks you will likely perform:
- Design and conduct studies that address both user behavior and attitudes
- Deliver UX insights that evaluate designs and indicate next steps
- Communicate compelling research findings for both experts and concerned non-experts
- Work seamlessly with engineering, design, product management, and marketing.
MS or Ph.D. in a human behavior field (e.g. Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Cognitive Psychology, Statistics).
- Some experience in having worked with technology and evaluating technology
- Someone who has done user experience research but focus with analyzing data (Language: R, Python, SAS).