User Experience Design Researcher
Video entertainment is one of the fastest moving and most competitive spaces in digital media. My Client is leading the innovation of digital video entertainment experiences that will reshape the way millions of people watch TV every day. Imagine shaping the future of television by creating better ways for people to watch, discover, control, and connect with content. Client is located in El Segundo, CA and this position is a full-time, temporary opportunity currently slated for one year.
Client has consistently been recognized for best-in-class customer service and user experiences. We deliver your TV, your way by creating deeply personal digital experiences that keep more than 10 million people connected to what matters most – across devices and around the globe. And it’s the great people we have behind the scenes who make this all possible. We are energetic, idea-driven people who are passionate about shaping the future of the digital entertainment world. So if this sounds like you, come show us what you’ve got.
My Client is looking for a seasoned User Experience Design Researcher to join the Experience Design Studio team and help lead research to inspire and inform our next generation experiences for our customers. We are looking for someone who has experience using their research skills to evaluate how well designs and products meet the needs of target customers and to identify innovative solutions. The role requires the ability to champion a human-centered design process throughout the product development cycle working closely with designers, product managers, and engineers to help shape the next-generation of TV experiences.
The candidate must be a strategic, independent, self-motivated, creative and professional researcher capable of executing a broad array of design research methods with an emphasis on downstream usability evaluations. The candidate should be able to effectively advocate for the needs of users and influence business decisions by synthesizing research results with market trends and competitive insights relevant to the business context.
- El Segundo, CA
- UX Design Researcher
- Lead a human-centered design process to create high quality user experiences
- Develop user experience research plans, collect data, moderate design testing sessions, facilitate workshops with internal and external stakeholders, and deliver research reports based on an understanding of how to interpret design principles and standards to evaluate effective designs.
- Advocate for the needs of our users at all levels of the organization
- Communicate research results in an effective and compelling manner that influences decisions
Minimum Job Qualifications:
- 4+ years’ experience leading design research efforts across the complete product development lifecycle of at least 1 successfully launched product or service
- Advanced degree in Human Factors, HCI, cognitive psychology, or related area
- Must demonstrate strong research skills including research design, study moderation, qualitative/quantitative analysis, advanced statistical analysis, experimental design, eye tracking, RITE testing, and applying scientific theory to interpret data and user behavior
- Candidate must have examples of how they applied research experience to influence product decisions
- Must be able to collaborate actively as part of a cross-functional project team
- Must have strong analytical and personal leadership skills
- Must be organized, able to act independently, and able to switch rapidly between different projects in a fast-paced environment
- Works well under pressure and able to meet aggressive deadlines