Our client is looking for a QA Tester for Website Content--not backend testing.
The primary role of the Website QA Tester is to provide testing for new and updated websites. This role is responsible for testing the platforms used by the website. This could include a website content management system, an application that builds website pages, video players and website search tools, analytics such as Google, etc. This role will work with the project manager, development team and project team to test website features and functionality based on project requirements.
This position requires website QA testing experience, technical knowledge, web user experience expertise, an analytical approach to work, and a keen ability to work with the multiple teams.
• Support QA testing inquiries and requests encompassing a broad range of website tools, such as Ektron CMS, Kentico CMS, and other enterprise application systems.
• Create test cases and handle testing on multiple website projects.
• Conduct diagnosis and troubleshooting to identify and/or resolve issues and performance problems
• Work interactively with other team members and developers and follow escalation procedures to communicate unresolved issues to the appropriate department.
• Utilize ticketing system to document and track all identified defects.
• Document test plans and test cases, and execute testing, especially responsive and functional testing.
• Articulate timely responses to the project team and internal stakeholder
• All testing is hands on, we do not use test simulators
• Create periodic defect summary reports for project team review
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Strong analytical and cognitive skills
• Excellent communication (oral and written), interpersonal, and troubleshooting skills.
• Hands-on experience with technology platforms described in the summary and responsibilities section
• Knowledge of digital media (e.g. website banner ads, video, etc), web standards, technology trends, and user-center design a plus
Related work Experience:
• 2-3 years of related QA tester experience working with media or similar websites
• Experience working in a fast paced, agile environment.
Formal Education or Equivalent:
• College degree
• Additional educational seminars or classes in digital media or web user experience preferred