The QA Engineer role serves as an integral member of a global Agile Product Development team to design, build, test and deliver technology products to our external or internal clients. This role works with industry-leading systems and applications and ensures that these are designed and built according to agreed-upon technical specifications and quality standards.
Create tests from functional requirements and/or User Stories
Execute manual test scenarios or “use cases” to determine the accuracy and usability of new products, product enhancements, changes or reports
Re-test defect fixes to ensure issues are resolved
Work closely with the Development team in an Agile/Scrum environment
Creates high quality acceptance tests from acceptance criteria and quality standards that help the scrum team understand the value of the user story from the user's perspective.
Uses the Product Backlog to remain highly flexible and respond to changing realities and requirements.
Adds business value by delivering working products, with quality and on time.
Works with the team in assessing opportunities to strengthen definition of done and get us closer to delivering working software at the end of every sprint.
Self-organizes and applies cross-functional competencies to create high-value products.
Advocates improving quality during all stages of software development.
Regularly evaluate team’s and own process and product to identify and recommend opportunities for continuous improvement
Works closely with Team to ensure execution against the highest value “Done” Product Increments.
Passionate commitment to developing high quality products within agreed-upon release dates.
Self-manages towards development and innovation, guided by the stakeholders’ expectation.
Contributes to team innovation activities, requested prototyping or research and development activities.
Understands and embodies the Product vision and business needs for a successful, low-defect, on-time product release.
Builds and supports a culture of trust and transparency where collaboration is fostered within the Scrum teams and with the Program and Product Managers to work towards a common business goal.
Supports team members, both locally and globally.
Actively practices emotional intelligence (empathy, self-awareness, self-motivation, self- management) on project teams and throughout the enterprise.
Actively participates in Scrum Ceremonies.
Fosters a culture where risks and issues are managed at the lowest responsible level by communicating and collaborating with team members.
1. Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor's/College Degree in a technology related discipline, such as IT or Engineering. Would consider experience over the degree but the degree is preferred.
2. Proficiency in English
3. Strong verbal and written communication skills
4. Strong knowledge of MS SharePoint
5. Strong knowledge of Role Based and Access Control Testing.
6. Proficiency with MS Office
7. Experience in Agile/Scrum framework is required.
8. Contribute to testing strategy for product that lead to high quality releases
9. Manages time effectively by placing the right focus on value added operations
10. Advanced knowledge of tools and techniques used in manual testing
12. Deeply understands practices of agile software development
13. Create and drive Regression testing strategy for product
Absolute Must Have's:
1. Testing experience
2. SharePoint experience (ideally migration experience from 2010 to 2016).
3. Migration experience