This person will be responsible for implementing quality assurance both manual and automated
• Creating and maintaining automated test cases using a team grown automation framework written in Groovy with spock.
• Prior experience coding java or groovy is a must.
• Creating and following manual test plans
• Creating and following automated test plans
• Efficiently log and track Defects in JIRA
• Interact with multiple teams for integration testing and for test data needs
• Attend Sprint Planning meetings and other related Agile testing activities
• Participate in coming up with acceptance criteria for user story
• Independently determine and develop approaches to solutions
• Document and summarize test results and report findings
• Develop and provide testing metrics and reports for the QA dashboard to effectively communicate test status to the test team and management.
• Help document and track key project milestones and overall project deliverables on time, and adhering to development and quality standards.
• Perform other duties as assigned
What are the MUST have skills and technologies that you are looking for in a candidate?
MUST HAVE SKILLS/EXPERIENCE:
• 10+ years of QA experience.
• Groovy and/or Java experience (Groovy is easy to learn if you know Java)
• 2+ years of Automated QA experience
• Agile development experience a must
• Excellent communication skills
• Analytical thinker, detailed oriented.
• Good problem solving skills.
• Detail oriented
• Team player
• Must have experience testing highly complex domains
• Experience Testing REST web services and a basic understanding of HTTP protocols (GET/POST/ETC)
• Basic working knowledge of SQL and relational databases, including JDBC
• Basic understanding of MQ and message queuing systems
• Testing will be 80% Automate Testing, 20% manual
• Experience in working and interacting with Product owners
• Prior experience in working TDD (Test Driven Development) and/or ATDD (Acceptance Test Driven Development)
• Working in short release cycles
• Technical as well as front end testing experience
• Prior experience with Retail
• Basic knowledge of nosql databases
• Strong planning, and organizational skills with strong attention to detail
• Exceptional oral and written communication skills
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize tasks, and quickly adjust in a rapidly changing environment
• Team player who exhibits effective interpersonal skills with a collaborative style
• A positive, quality-oriented, reliable, organized, and flexible individual with an ability to work in a fast-paced agile environment