Aquent is seeking candidates with a strong editorial eye and proven track record with publishing systems to support a technical content team. As a GitHub pull-request reviewer on this team, you’ll work as a gatekeeper for publishing content for internal cloud, database and other enterprise products. You’ll make sure that content meets specific criteria, and you’ll work with content contributors to fix issues that block publishing.
Work will be on an on-call basis, 20-30 hours/week. Interested candidates need to be available for a combo of the following shift assignments. Fixed hours of availability are fine for this project or flexible for any shift works too!
Shift 1: 7-10 Monday – Friday
Shift 2: 10-1 Monday-Friday
Shift 3: 1-4 PM Monday – Friday
Shift 4: 4-7 PM Monday – Thursday
Shift 5: 3-7 PM Sundays
You will need to:
- Learn new tools/processes quickly.
- Have an expert grasp of grammar and spelling.
- Learn style guides quickly.
- Adapt to changes in instructions.
- Work well in a team environment.
- Be consultative—assist content developers, escalate issues as needed, track patterns for process improvements.
- Have excellent communication skills.
- Previous GitHub experience is desirable, but not required. Hiring manager will be looking for experience with in-depth publishing processes.
- We will have an editing test that each candidate will take.