PR Manager- Fashion/Beauty
The Manager of PR & Influencer Relations will be responsible for helping define, develop and implement
a robust Global PR strategy and direction for a major beauty brand, in accordance with brand business &
marketing objectives, while providing executional support for all US local market PR and influencer
brand initiatives. Their aim is to drive robust brand awareness and build a broad reach of brand beauty
advocates across the influencer space, including celebrities, vloggers/bloggers, make-up artists, press,
and digital editors. The position is also designed to support the overall functions of the department, with
a focus on development of global PR assets and guidelines, developing our makeup artist program, and
working as a direct liaison with all regional PR teams.
Global PR Strategy & Support
• Leads development of all global PR tools to support both US & International marketing
calendars, including press releases, press kits, media alerts, newsletters, fact sheets, pro launch recaps,
executive bios, press event directives and qualitative presentations.
• Issue Global PR guidelines to ensure consistency of messaging and alignment with Global
Marketing and PR strategies and priorities.
• Maintain regular dialogue with UK, Nordic (& other tbc international markets) to understand local
• Help drive a robust multi-tiered global & US influencer strategic plan to drive brand awareness and
engagement objectives for client, encompassing “owned”, earned, and paid activity with celebrities,
vloggers, and make-up artists.
• Liaise with relevant talent/agencies as needed to negotiate paid-for “influencer” partnerships
& activities and manage output from start to finish.
• Closely collaborate with Marketing Manager to ensure that any paid influencer activity is seamlessly
integrated into marketing campaign and brand creatives assets, as needed.
• Provide guidance and support to international markets around local influencer partnerships to ensure
• Partner with client(Global?) Make-Up Artist to develop global library of artistry assets, including tips
(get the look, how to's, step by step, face charts), and quotes, to support ad-hoc opportunities
• Distributes global PR assets to all regional counterparts on time, and reflecting local needs.
• Oversees and coordinates global press sample distribution.
• Create regular global PR recaps and reporting to benchmark monthly results and productivity, collating
results from international markets, to share with senior management.
• Track, monitor and analyse performance though coverage, and keep a close tab on competitor
activities. Identify gaps and opportunities and develop strategies accordingly.
• Assists in the writing of creative and marketing briefs to help direct development and implementation
of our PR plans
US PR Execution & Relations
• Oversee all earned press and media exposure for the client brand in the US, in order to broaden the
reach and awareness of beauty client, and ultimately drive sales.
• Develop an extensive US celebrity and influencer outreach programme in order to secure high profile
endorsement for beauty client across online, social media, and press.
• Strengthen our make-up artistry relations to further drive credibility and expertise around lip artistry.
• Identify opportunities to expand our sphere of influence beyond the traditional beauty influencers.
• Cultivate and maintain strong editor relationships to maximise press coverage and secure major
• Develop and lead the execution of PR & Influencer initiatives, including but not limited to product
launches & strategic events, as well as press release and product send-outs
• Develop and maintains US PR budget.
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• Minimum 6-8 years experience in PR; beauty industry experience preferred.
• Demonstrable existing network of contacts in the world of beauty and fashion
• Must have a good handle on current trending influencers and pop culture.
• A passion for social media, current events, lifestyle and beauty news.
• Excellent knowledge and love of both digital / social print and media with extensive network of
contacts in both fields.
• Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills with a high level of attention to detail
• Highly organized with the ability to multi-task and work under short deadlines whilst quickly
identifying priorities and sticking to deadlines
• Real sensitivity to the world of makeup with a high level of creative energy and out-of- the-box
• Strong understanding of ROI metrics in the sphere of PR and new media
• Diplomatic, team player with an ability to build and leverage a strong network of peers and partners
• Must be prepared to work after hours, weekends and travel for events as needed.
• Experience in budget management and event planning.
• Demonstrates initiative, resourcefulness, and willingness to learn.
• Nimble, adaptable, and highly productive in a fast-paced, changing work environment.
• Enthusiastic team player with a positive attitude and ability to be a self-starter.
• Must be highly organized, detail oriented, and have the ability to multitask.