Our client is a large financial institution in Downtown Manhattan and they are looking for a Public Relations Associate for a 12+ month contract opportunity. This Public Relations Associate job is 40 hours a week onsite, health benefits and 401K offered.
The Public Relations Associate member on the Media Relations team plays a key role on a small staff interacting with media and Financial Advisors, proactively managing news announcements, scheduling broadcast interviews, and handling administration including processing materials through the compliance system. This is a good opportunity to learn on an active public relations team.
Working with Financial Advisors
• Manage all incoming queries sent to the Media Relations email box from Financial Advisors and their admin managers (3-5 inquiries per day)
• Vet, edit and place press releases announcing various Financial Advisors designations, new hires and seminars (4-6 releases per month)
• Work with FAs to place bylined articles with local publications.
• Vet requests for media interviews from FAs, review and approve reporters’ questions for FAs, work with FAs and reporters to ensure our terms and standards are met
Proactive Public Relations (PR)
• Compose, manage, and distribute new hires national announcements for 2 brands
• Schedule national TV media appearances of Chief Investment Office
Work with media team and PR agency
• Coordinate advisor interviews for national rankings – Barron’s Top Advisors, REP
• Coordinate and edit submission for national and local business rankings and advisor awards
• Local pitching for local offices and staff local interviews as needed (1-2 pitches per month)
Develop bylined article program, supervising vendor and providing as needed to FAs
• Edit internally-created materials for future media placements (3-4 pieces per month)
• Money Sense articles
• Corporate Communications member of the Social Media Team
• Create tweets and route them through internal systems - write and leverage content to promote 2 brands thought leadership
• Promote study launches on Twitter
• Manage twitter approval process for tweets submitted from media agencies
• Update materials through compliance system
• Create and update: press releases; manage custom publisher to create bylined articles (10 per yea