Our Education client is looking to hire a temp PR Assistant (Public Information Officer (PIO)) for the next 8-10 months (the assignment will end on 6/30/18). The job is full time (8a -5p) and on-site in Westwood, CA.
Candidate submission must include a writing sample.
Public Information Officer (PIO) Responsibilities
The PIO assists with social media, marketing and media relations/pr activities & projects.
Social Media Function
- Help manage key social media channels, such as facebook, linkedin, twitter, blogs, and new channels, as appropriate.
- Run social media promotions in conjunction with marketing activities.
- Coordinate social media efforts with internal team and external partners/agencies and vendor/partners.
- Write and post content weekly on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, etc.
- Expand/engage audiences on channels.
- Stay current on social media strategies/best practices.
- Integrate existing and future content.
- Propose new opportunities in social media.
- Routinely provide analytics on social channels.
- Create/oversee quarterly institutional newsletter.
- Write and contribute to “Spotlight” area of website, maintaining calendar of rotating featured items; ensuring content is up-to-date, relevant, and fresh.
- Suggest/develop additional content for website/social media.
- Work with supervisor to develop relations with Alumni.
- Attend key events.
- Support and assist with outreach and institutional activities.
- Work with PR partner/vendor to coordinate message dissemination via services.
- Promote and distribute department news to appropriate audiences on a regular basis.