Vitamin T is looking for a Writer/Editor with experience in grant and long form writing.
The right writer should have experience working on longer form pieces (upwards of 1,000 or 1,500 words) on complex subjects. The writer should be able to produce persuasive and compelling content and express complex concepts in simple, straightforward language. The work will involve both writing pieces directly and supporting subject matter experts with organization and outlining, development, heavy re-write, etc.
· write concisely and quickly, producing content that needs minimal editing
· ability to engage with technical experts for interviews, generate content, or re-write material
· follow an in-house style guide
· strong attention to detail to maintain high, “error free” standards and commitment to high quality
· good judgment and strong problem-solving skills
· deadline driven
Any civil engineering, construction, or architecture experience is a plus, but the client is open to anyone with experience working with more “serious” subjects (hard sciences, social sciences, etc.) as long as it’s not only consumer or general interest topics. Experience in journalism and PR/Comms/marketing is ideal, but the client is open to people with a variety of backgrounds as long as they have the right skills.
Core hours are 8am-4:30pm and we anticipate an average of about 45 hours/week. The work will require extended hours at some points as client pushes towards deadlines.