Our consulting client is looking to add a team of Proposal Writers and Content Developers for a ONE YEAR long freelance opportunity to help support their Marketing and Sales teams. This role will be REMOTE but flexibility is requested by the client depending on time zone. The client has a large team on the eastern and central time zones.
The Marketing & Sales Writing and Editing Services team helps to distinguish the client in the marketplace by writing compelling business content for proposals and other business development materials. The team supports all aspects of the proposal writing process with a strong focus on such key proposal elements as executive summaries and cover letters. Additionally, the team supports proposal innovation and other M&S initiatives to help improve and innovate client’s business development process and procedures.
The Proposal Writer function supports the Marketing & Sales Writing and Editing Services team to create proposal content and other business development materials in alignment with priority proposal, LoS/Sector, and business unit marketing and pursuit initiatives.
Basic Qualifications/Preferred Skills & Knowledge :
Minimum Year(s) of Experience: 4
Minimum Degree Required: High School Diploma or GED
Degree Preferred: Bachelor's degree
Demonstrated success building relationships with stakeholders such as thought leaders, marketing and sales staff, client services personnel, and other stakeholders at all levels and leverage those relationships to further the team objectives. Demonstrated success and command of in-depth writing and editing skills leverage to develop proposal content and business materials.
- Proven writing, interviewing, analysis, and project management skills.
- Proven ability to cultivate consensus, multitask, and be flexible and responsive to quickly changing demands.
- Ability to adapt quickly to unfamiliar writing standards.
- Ability to adapt quickly to new or unfamiliar business topics and rely on research, review of existing materials, and in-depth interviewing skills to develop priority business proposals and other content that supports client’s revenue growth and brand enhancement.
- Proven experience conducting in-depth interviews with subject matter specialists or groups (on calls or in team settings) and synthesizing the information into meaningful feedback or prose.
- Development of client proposals for a wide range of professional services using existing and newly written content.
- Must honor client's confidentiality agreement(s) based on access to proprietary content.
- To be considered, please ensure you have proposal writing examples and/or summary on your proposal writing experience.